Next year is our year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sta-Chisle, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I think the team will be much better in the upcoming season. With a healthy Brandon Jones and Roby, the wide receiver position is immediatly upgraded.

Keith Bulluck is solid and if Albert participates in the off season workouts and loses some weight, the defense has some good anchors.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am hoping Brandon Jones is back, he was good last year but coming back from knee injuries are problematic to speed.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You're just determined to hate on everything that I say, er, type.:irked:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how was that hating?

I agreed with you but knee injuries are serious.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really was big on Brandon Jones. I really hope he overcomes the odds and doesn't calico.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Watching Steve Smith shred defenses in big games makes me want him on our team, or at least someone who plays at his talent level.
    I am excited about Jones down the road too, although I am afraid it will be his third season before we know how good he can be.
    Overall, I thought all three of the rookie recievers looked good last year.
    It's the D, and the running game I am most concerned with.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see how the Titans can count on Jones being close to his former self in 2006. Maybe he gets close enough by mid-season to contribute but we've seen far too many players come back from ACLs and not be full speed a year later to think Jones can pick up where he left off.

8. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

In my head I agree with you TJ. But in my heart, I'm waiting for another MCM.
    He really was something for a rookie wr.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I still miss JMAC

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I know, I know, I beat this drum too much, but I'm excited for the return of Roydell. I think he'll have a good year next year, hopefully he can be our deep threat. Loved that long bomb TD, my personal favorite play of the season. Roby looked good, but seemed inconsistent at times. Can't ask too much of a rookie. I won't really be looking to Jones until 2007, just hope he gets really familiar with the Titans and the playbook, and gets plenty of practice time with Steve and the new QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar