NFL bans goalpost dunks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is absolutely pathetic. Back to back years where they've eliminated some form of celebration. I love seeing that kinda stuff as a fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's kind of what I was thinking, a safety issue, but I hadn't really seen it mentioned. When I first heard they were looking into this, I immediately thought about Nate dunking and messing up the landing on his already gimpy ankle.

That said, the fact that they are pushing this because of the potential to damage the goal posts (which as mentioned, has already happened) worries me about the flimsy goal posts. They are made of steel, stand as tall as a four story building, yet a 250 pound man can damage one by touching it. Sounds like a different type of problem to me.

3. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

This one never gets old, but I'm sure if it does, he could afford the fine. :p

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

didn't even know it was you that posted this..

this is what happens when people change ****

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Goddell is doing exactly what he sought out to do - player safety wise (concussions down from a year ago), but stuff like this is taking it too far.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

IDK, it only takes one guy to get killed what the goal post comes down then people will be freaking out saying: "How could you let this happen?"

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It would be great if teams got together and everyone agreed to do a dunk every single TD.

Then the 15 yard penalties keep kickoff returns in play every time as well.

Goodell would be furious.

Would be awesome... obviously not going to happen, but I wish it would. If it did happen Goodell would just start fining the players $1mil per dunk and send the money to a charity of his choice aka his pocket.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Lol thats all Jimmy Graham knows how to do when he scores!

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is absolutely awesome! Fixes 2 gay rule changes in one haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar