NFL Clarifies Pacman Celebration Penalty

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Yes its stupid.. nothing wrong with a little celebration after scoring a TD as long as the player doesn't go overboard and runs to the middle of the field, stomping all over the opponents logo like what TO did in dallas a few years ago.

Not celebrating after a well deserved TD feels like having sex and stopping before having an orgasm.

one of my favourite celebrations:​

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-1393880125140479542&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>​

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The only problem with that celebration you posted with TO is the fact that he was so busy showing off, he ignored two of his own team mates that came over to congratulate him. Football is supposed to be a team sport, and when that's ignored, it's a sad deal. Should a lineman go over there and dance because he made a great block that allowed the QB time to throw? Should the QB go dance because he made a good pass? That's my only objection to celebrations.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like the idea of submitting your celebration to an NFL committee, and then they can ok it. Maybe one for each team, just to bring some identity back to the game and the players. It's good for the game.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Jones and other players can dunk over a crossbar. But Fisher said players can't punch the goal post or jump on it. "

so is the goal post a prop or not? i think trying to indentify what is a penalty and what isnt is becoming more of a fiascoe than the celebrations(which i never had a problem with)

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=4506

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not so fast my friend. the league took away "group celebrations and group demonstrations" back when the rams did the bob and weave. everyone who wanted to be involved was, but the league had a problem with that too.

im seriously starting to hate the nfl with all of these terrible rules. thankfully, i love football too much to stop watching.

6. taking away the celebration was dumb.. These guys have helmets on and like to express themselves when they score.. It was dumb to stop it and only takes away the fun from the game.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You miss my point. I am not at all for group demonstrations, but I also believe your team comes first. When you are too busy dancing to acknowledge your own team mates after a score, something is really wrong. ESPN only perpetuates it by showing individuals doing a new routine, so everyone wants to be on "primetime" and come up with a new and different act. I just believe it detracts from the concept of it being a "team sport".

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

We better tell Calico to knock off the dunks after his TD's..........nevermind.

BTW - Pac stole that celebration from someone. I think it was Steve Smith.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

By the way, we are proably the best celebration team in NFL history.

Ernest Given's Electric Slide was the best I've even seen.

and

Billy White Shoes Johnson's funky chicken is old school fun.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

check out the Texans end zone celebration. David Carr is and his line man have taken it to far.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTEuVIF93Ps"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QTEuVIF93Ps" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar