NFL.com Titans under/over rated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Back then Bud was on a bit of a kick bringing in washed up players

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

orly?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Can yall imagine if Dunce made this list? Everyone would be overrated.

4. The Hammer

What if TitansWillWin2? You know for sure VY would be the number 1 underrated :)

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Just another one of those lists to get people talking and/or thinking. When I personally think of "Overrated" I think of the players that were either drafted high because of talent/promise or we paid a lot money to in FA and they didnt pan out. The Redskins would easily call ole' Albert H "Overrated" for the time he was on the team. Got like $50 mil guaranteed to basically play one year.

SO, on that logic, when we look at players like that, I can totally see VY and Pacman being on the Titans all time "Overrated" List. Both were draft high Top 10 based on their skills and college performance. So I can easily agree with them. David Patton was a Super Bowl winning WR from the Patriots when he signed with us before the '05 season. He got top FA money yet only played like 7 games total in two years before he was released. Clearly an "Overrated" based on the loss of money and wasting a FA signing.

I think Griffin is on his way to being on the "Overrated" List. Everyone forgets he has been forced to play strong safety which he isnt as good at. When he is Free Safety, he plays alot better. Griffin is a player who can be very solid when he has supporting talent around him. He will never be a stone cold playmaker on his own like Polamalu was. He was a Pro Bowler first two seasons when he had guys around him. Lets see if these new players we got can't bring him back to being solid again.

CJ like many others have said, in no way belongs on the "Overrated" list. He doesnt miss games. He does produce when given the chance. And has clear talent that almost any team in the league would pay for. I think he falls right in the middle as not under or over rated.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think you mean David Givens?

But I think that maybe we have a different oppinion on the meaning of 'over-rated' ... to me, I would consider what you described as a 'bust'. Someone that comes in to a team with a lot of expectations, but never delivers, whether it be through FA or draft.

To me, 'over-rated' would be someone that is considered to be a great player by the fans and/or media, but might not deserve it. The recieve more credit than the product the put on the field deserves.

That is why I can't consider pacman 'over-rated'. He was never given much credit, infact most fans/media didn't like him. However he actually put a good product on the field when he played ... however I would consider pacman a huge bust, because he obviously didn't live upto the expectations of a 1st round pick.

I consider guys like Romo, Flacco, Schaub to be 'over-rated' ... sure they are good players. Definitely not busts, but the get a whole lot more credit than they deserve from the media/fans regardless of how much they make or where they were drafted.

I would consider Andrew Luck over-rated, since ESPN has already dubbed him the 2nd coming of Manning, however if you watch him play, he was really pretty average. Is he a good player? yes. Is he a bust? no (not yet at least haha) ... but I would consider him 'over-rated'

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

how is VY overrated? He is one the most hated person to play on this team and the majority of ppl thinks he is a scrub and never was any good? How is that being overrated? One could argue he is under rated more than over rated being that he has won so many games with a crappy surrounding cast!

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I kinda agree that VY shouldn't be listed as 'overrated', because as you pointed out, he isn't even in the league right now so teams probably don't think to highly of him ... The only reason that I could see putting VY on the list is he may have been a little over rated early on in his career. ROY, couple of probowls that he didn't really deserve. He lived off his hype for his 1st 2 years which is being over rated.

But he definitely isn't over rated at this point

9. The Hammer

What took you so long lol

10. Slicker

Slicker Camp Fodder

Personally, I think VY was both overrated and underrated at different times in his career.

He was a top pick and got a ton of credit for an amazing end to his college career... He came in as the "new McNair", which is extremely hard to live up to. He made some superb plays early on in his Titans career, but totally fizzled out.

Now, I think he can be a good backup in the NFL, but teams are way undervaluing him.

Overall, though, I agree with the overrated for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar