NFL Draft '07: Pick #152 - Mississippi State DT Antonio Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The center out of nc state is the only value pick so far, we have taken every other player earlier than they should have gone we have reached and reached. We had tons of money chose not to spend it but raised ticket prices.

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I agree. NC St. Center was a good pick up, and I can live with out our pick at 19. Everything else though, come on now.

3. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

well at least he was named most improved player during training camp...

4. Debris44

Debris44 Camp Fodder

Wow. I'm just stunned and befuddled. I'm not sure what about 5 collegiate starts jumps out at the FO to think this guy is going to be any better than Laboy, Odom, Brown, Haynesworth, Mahelona, etc.

5. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

When we came up with no #1, i really thought we should have selected Alan Branch from Michigan. That would have done a lot for our pass rush, by occupying the center and 2 guards with 700 lbs of Big AL & Alan. This would have meant that KVB and Odem would be 1 on 1 on the edge. I really thought DT or DE would have been better. we signed Scott this offseason and drafted landry last year, not a big need for Safety, only a big need to bench the current safety. I have a feeling Pac will NOT be Bac. Then the 2nd we should have never taken a back. If we are going to go rb commitie then use brown and white. take DE here trade up 3 spots i think and take DE out of Pittsburg. 3rd I thought was good value for reciever at 3 If we would have done that in first two DB would not be issue cause would have bulk against run and speed on edge. dbs wouldn't have to cover as long. And being from Austin and watching Mike Griff play its one thing I know. He can't cover!!! Small school, bad wideouts, did well against him. Ross was better, so was merriweather, and nelson. it will be fun watching payton disect griff. He does like to hit, but he won't get that chance when Marv has a 10 yrd step into the endzone.

All in all judging by the BPA's still on the board and Our Needs in order from greatest to weakest I say we have a very poor draft class. I say aside from Green bay and Wash we have 3rd worst draft for our team based on need and BPA.:sad2: :guzzle: :barf: :dead:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah, another project of sorts. I'm not upset about it though. When you get to the late rounds, boom or bust guys like this are fine by me. I mean it's not much of a bust if he fails as a 5th rounder.

Nfldraftcountdown had him as a 3-4 rounder. Gosselin had him as the #80 prospect. PFW had him as a late 4th rounder. Some have him going later, but somewhere in between is fine by me.

That can explain the lack of stats, and if he's really good at holding ground, then that could pay off. Other than Al, none of our DT's really hold their ground well. Lots of penetrators, but maybe this guy can offer both.

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Johnson was good value, whether you guys want to believe it or not

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I certainly hope that he's a good player, but we need a CB or DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar