NFL Europa Officially dead

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Semi pro?

I think there are enough european fans out there they just are not interested in semi pro ball. Would any of you care? If you lived in memphis or birmingham and there was a minor league type team there would you be an avid fan? No because it is not the NFL. Give them manning, tomlison and tom brady and i bet you there are 65K fans per game.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd be a fan of a NFL minor league. The Arena league doesn't fill the NFL offseason void for me, but I think a minor league would. I liked watching the NFLE games when I have the NFL Network. I'd like to watch that talent over here.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The biggest problem with nfle was there hasn't been any decent network coverage for years. The allocation system of players was in my opinion a great way to identify and follow developing practice squad type guys. Sadly, unless you were able to sign on with a jumbo cable package or satellite subscription you just weren't going to turn the tube on in the spring and see nfle. I would have watched it if it was broadcast over the air on Saturday afternoons.

There are tons of crap sports broadcasts on the networks. Don't get me wrong, I like hot women in beach wear but I'd rather watch nfle than beach volley ball. I would have watched nfle if it was a same bat time, same bat channel type of deal. In my area the coverage declined more and more until it was non-existent.

There was a time when I watched it regularly on a Dtv NFL channel. This was before the the NFL network as we know it today. Every week they would run two of the three taped games a couple times a week. This was back in 2002 and I haven't used a dish in quite some time. I am excited at the prospect of a new league being developed by that basketball owner guy. Thing is they are looking at doing it on Friday nights while the NFL is in full swing. At that time of the year I am so wrapped up in the NFL I doubt I would care.

I hope the nfle fold is some kind a move aimed at opening up a market for a new developmental league. What if there were eight teams in the developmental league with each team being representative of each NFL division with all AFCS allocations going to an AFCS team? That would be kinda cool.

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Seems unfortunate at a glance, but really means very little to me, seeing how I've never once watched an NFLE game (primarily because I could never find them). If the result is regular season games in Canada, that's a win for me; perhaps the Titans will travel to Vancouver? Definitely would call for a homecoming visit on my part...

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So do I.

And, I don't think it's very far off.

Over the past number of years, both leagues have adopted variations of the other league's rules into their games.

But, who knows what lies ahead.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Actually, I would watch Canadian football too, if I could find it. With NFLE, I could watch on the NFL network, because they show every game. But I have no idea how to find Canadian football. And it has former first round picks, like Akili Smith and John Avery. Anyone know how to watch it (besides online...I don't like watching on my PC).

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Unless you have a Sattelite Dish the best way to watch is online. But, should the two leagues come to some sort of agreement I would think that games would begin to appear on NFL Network much lick NFLE games did.

8. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I have directv. Or do you mean some other satellite dish?

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

As long as you are able to pick up Canadian Networks you should be able to get the games. Three of the four games every week are done by TSN. And, the other is done by CBC.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Maybe it was failing due to the insipid and uncreative team names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar