NFL eyeing more TNF Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The NFL won't touch Friday, at least not during high school football season. Maybe in late November.

I'm intrigued by the idea of the game being broadcast on a different medium. Google and Netflix want to live stream them, which sounds like a decent idea, but have you ever tried connecting to something online that millions of other people are simultaneously trying to access? It's a *****.

Frankly, I hate these mid-week games. There was something special about the NFL being on during Thanksgiving day, but now it's just another Thursday football game.

It also ****s with fantasy football players. Have someone who's injured and is a game-time decision on Sunday and his weaker replacement on your bench is playing Thursday night? Oh well, good luck.

Not mention there is almost no time if you're a road team the week prior to the Thursday game and then a road team on Thursday night. Fly home Sunday night. Get treatment on Monday and watch film. Your usual day off would be Tuesday, but I guess you don't get that because you need to install a game plan. Wednesday is practice and then travelling. Walk through Thursday and then the game. That sounds like a pain in the ass. No wonder these Thursday games are usually a bore.

I usually find myself looking forward to the college games on ESPN more than the NFLN games, and I don't like college football anywhere nearly as much as I like pro football.
  2. steverife

steverife Starter

That how Urrrric Burrr says it.
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Starter

They will not do it but saturday night would be the ratings night and make the most since. It is all about the ben franklin's with Goodell
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

The NFL won't step on college football's toes. They have a good working relationship and get a free farm system out of it. Maybe in December when the conference championship games are done and the bowl games haven't picked up yet.
  5. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

didn't they used to play games on saturday later in the season? I don't see any saturday gamse on this years schedule though.
  6. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

I think they stopped once they started the Thursday games.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

playoff games are on Saturdays and sundays
  8. Dman

Dman Starter

I think they play games on saturday the last two weeks of the season.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

They have flex games those weeks, so if theres a game the NFL wants people seeing they could bump it up a day.
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Someone wanna PM me the link for the game tonight? Finally gonna be able to catch one of these suckers...