NFL Fining System

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thesaurus, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

So the NFL fines Will Witherspoon $40,000 for leading with his helmet and then they fine Andre Johnson $25,000 for throwing haymakers at Finnegan with a clear intent to injure. How does this make sense to them when they created the "scale" they use to dish these fines out. Something has to be done about this in the off-season because it's getting ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Jessica

Jessica Starter

I agree. If I were Witherspoon I'd be p*ssed.

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Players need to get w/ their union on this one. Troy P. had it right when he publically complained, and I can't believe other players didn't stand up and support him.

4. VOLS_and_TITANS

VOLS_and_TITANS Starter

Dont forget we are small market team,and oh yea the most important the most of nfl fans and media,especially espn,do not like the tennessee titans.well not that they dont like us,its just,well i do not really understand,but u seen young get slammed down coulda broke his neck,5000 fine no flag,this weekend intentional grounding twice,well i know once,no flag,its like us against the league,and others.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I honestly can't believe Andre didn't get suspended. So the Nfl needs less hard tackling but more fighting. Ridiculous.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, I was just talking about this earlier.

I'm not sure there's a problem with the $25k fine, but Witherspoon should've been $5k tops.

Witherspoon said he was disturbed by the amount of his fine.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

It's his own fault. Silly old Witherspoon shouldn't have hit McNabb with his helmet; he should have ripped McNabb's helmet off entirely, and then uppercutted him in the face. It's all about playing smart football. :brow:

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol that is really funny that he could have sacked mcnabb, pulled his helmet off, and then start pounding on his face and he would get a lesser fine. NFL is a joke.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I said it in another thread:

Seymour punches a helmet player = $25,000
    AJ throws repeated haymakers on a helmet-less player = $25,000

The NFL should sit down and regulate this stuff and make these penalties a percentage of the player's salary. $25k to Fin is a lot more than $25k to AJ.

If a player is ejected, they should automatically be suspended one game. Period.

10. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

If the Texans aren't on (NFL Network's) Thursday Night Football this week, AJ gets suspended. Guaranteed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar