NFL Head Coaching Power Rankings (from NFL.com)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think this is a very fair ranking for Whiz given his current situation. I hope that he shows that he deserves to be a top 10 coach. But just making it to a SB once and losing does not make you a top 10 coach, but it certainly gives you more credibilty than those who haven't made it to a SB.

Fisher is an amazing coach not for what he does on the field, but for what he does off the field with managing the media and fan base. He is certainly a top 10 manipulator of the perception surrounding his team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't see why Whiz should be rated higher. He sucked it up in Arizona except for two years with a HoF QB. He went 5-11 and 8-8 with Warner the two years prior. His one super bowl appearance came after an 8-8 season. He then sucked it up once Warner left, and a new coach took his team from 5-11 to 10-6.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

You mean his team with a decent to pretty good qb when whiz was workin with cfl players lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Nope I'm talking about a team with 53 NFL players as well as a Hall of Fame QB, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin.

Whiz doesn't even have a winning record.. it's really that simple. Just like there aren't enough franchise QBs for all 32 teams, there aren't enough head coaches for all 32 teams. Whiz isn't one of them.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

My bad shoulda been more specific i was talkin bout his last az team to arians first one biggest difference is a legit qb

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

If Fish does not rock the boat this year with that Defensive front, he should be unemployed. Not sure I would put our current or past coach ahead of one another without one more year of football. They both took teams to the Super Bowl, and both fell just short. You need parts to make a run. Fish has parts- too bad for him that his division is the best in the NFL, lucky for us, ours is probably the worst..

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm gonna cut Whiz some slack and just make the assumption that the GM was the one drafting poorly.

I think Whiz is a really good coach if he has the right players around. That starts with a QB. That Cardinals team he took to the Super Bowl wasn't even THAT good aside from Warner/Fitz/Boldin. Aside from those guys, that team pretty much sucked IMO. He deserves a lot of credit. Also, Warner had been irrelevant for a long time until Whiz came.

He's obviously a very good coach for improving QBs. We'll see.

But if you had told me during that Super Bowl (five years ago) that Whiz would soon be our head coach, I would've signed up for that in a heartbeat. I was happy we got him this year, although he wasn't really my first choice.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Playcalling is his strength, if he's got the players; we'll be one of the happiest fan bases around.

Im very anxious to see if Jake is that player I believe he can be. 10 days away from camp guys!

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think Jake is the player you think he is... if he can stay healthy.

That's really all it's about at this point. And with Whiz calling the plays he will only be better.

We deserve this. We are on the verge of becoming the Browns. Sick of this sh*t. Playoffs or bust this year.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well negative Nancy know who else has a losing record.

Munchak

so who did you want the Titans to hire? Or did you want to ride the Munchak horse till it died a natural death?

and he is pretty real bad at challenges 7 of 19 .368 which is even worse than his winning % of .458 with no POs

for comparison Whisenhunt challenges 25 of 53 .472 winning % .480 with 2 trips to the POs and at least 1 W each trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar