NFL in London?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Doesn't mean we should base a team there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. pettso

pettso Starter

I agree, lol. Just saying it makes more sense than London. I don't think we should have a team in either location personally.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I actually meant for that to be a response to JC's post... but I'm glad you agree as well.

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

If they do... doesnt that mean they will have to change the name of the "NFL" to the "IFL"?... just saying.

Goodell could just do the patriotic thing and ship all the teams off to China and have them play there. Its what all the cool companies are doing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Completely pathetic, nothing can be just for Americans anymore.. it will be a disaster to have an international team in the NFL. Period.

6. cl2k

cl2k Camp Fodder

As a fan of the league in Scotland, tbh I wouldn't like a franchise in the U.K, I love the idea of having two games here every year but wouldn't like an entire franchise. No disrespect but it's clear from some of the comments that people don't know how big a u.k nfl fan base there is. At the event the day before the game last week, 50,000 attended just to see a few players on stage. Everyone already has a team they support so a new franchise would struggle to get backed right away. Also, fans over here are more into football (soccer) and so are typically more loud/anthemic/mental/passionate than U.S fans are used to, don't think that would suit NFL well. Last point and I've said this before to people that don't like their team travelling over for one game. Nobody's said anything here, but will say this anyway, please don't say that travelling to London for one game messes with players. They are elite athletes, making more money than most can dream of, would fly first class and stay in five star hotel and get a bye either side of the game, you can't take pride in the NFL being tough when people come out with this. I get that Mexico is closer but London and the rest of the U.K have a huge fan base, hence why college games are coming to ireland etc as well. Just as America has adopted football (soccer), I think it's only right the sport should grow. I don't like people saying that the sport is just for Americans, in that case, do the hundereds of Titans jerseys I see here mean they aren't fans too? Some are bigger ones than on here, paying thousands to come to the states for games

7. pettso

pettso Starter

This is probably the worst argument I've heard to not putting a team in London.

8. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

NFL Europe failed for a reason.

9. smili

smili Starter

London or L.A.?

10. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

We enjoy each home game win or lose - It's all about the tailgate, seeing our friends in the Stadium, yelling, sreaming, booing :anon:, and it's already bad enough that we have to pay full price for preseason games. The last thing we want to see is one of our "home" games go to London - :disappointed::goodell:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar