NFL may soon become the No contact Football League

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its true people tend to overreact, but this is pushing the envelope because refs will soon be flagging guys simply for protecting themselves..

Moving kickoffs up, moving the officials around, this new rule, I dont like them.

Now there are some good changes that I like.
    The new OT rules are cool. Instant replay is a good thing, there's been plenty of beneficial rule changes, but this isn't one of them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I can see your point. I also dislike that big hits are often penalized even if they're clean. I too fear that this new rule might result in more fines and defensive apprehension. However, I think the real problems are not the rules themselves but rather how the refs are interpreting them.

Refs need to stop automatically going for their flag if a hard hit occurs. If the refs only used the flag on blatant penalties, things wouldn't be so bad. If a play is close they need to give the defender the benefit of the doubt since he has so little time to react and make a play.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

WELL THATS IT IM GUNNA WATCH THE CFL NOW AND DRINK TEA WITH MY PINKY OUT AND CALL PEOPLE "POOFS" AS AN INSULT!!!!!

actually I may start calling people poofs anyways.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Lets hope that Goodell gets booed so bad this draft that he can't even participate in the draft. Everytime he gets up to call a pick just boo the crap out of him until he is forced to leave.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, to be fair, most of us knuckle-raggin retards can't friggin aim anyway. How's your bathroom after the guys are over for a game?

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Says the guy who obviously knows nothing about baseball. Division races are won by half a game....so explain how one game means nothing?

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

After I busted up my leg, I couldn't put any weight on my foot for about 6 weeks. I had to sit to pee. It was kinda relaxing. You do your business, then it was like, "Well, I'm already sitting down, might as well read this article in ESPN the Magazine".

...and you don't have to worry about missing wide right if you are half asleep or drunk or something.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Imagine for a monent what would happen if Goodell happened to be NFL commissioner back in the 60's,70's,80's,etc. Now lets say Dick Butkus goes a makes a vicious but clean hit and the guy is knocked out cold do you give him an unnecessary roughness penalty and fine him 20,000 dollars?

Jack Tatum could lay the hammer on the opposing offense all damn day so does he get multiple fines in one game? Mean Joe Greene and the steel curtain defense was a big reason the Steelers shut down teams and they won four super bowls but would they have been able to do it with the threat of fines and being penalized fifteen yards for roughness?

Lawrence Taylor,Reggie White and Ronnie Lott all won super bowls and were leaders of their respective defenses not to mention they were known for laying some wicked hits at any given time during the game.Sometimes these hits would make offenses weary and they were many shutouts but with these rules we have now Taylor,White and Lott might get penalized and warned causing them to ease up and then the offense isn't as scared because they know the flags will get thrown if more hits are deemed to rough so of course this would drastically affect the game overall and of course their would be no shutouts.

The tradition not to mention the integrity of the sport of football is in jeopardy as we know it.I don't know about others but i do think if enough hardcore believers stood up and that means both players and fans maybe things would be different in the long run......

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

How would you feel about officials having to review a big hit before being able to throw the flag? In many cases a simple replay reveals whether the play was clean or not.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

LOL, I have a friend who tries to get us to sit after we have had a few. I told him he would fit in well in Sweden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar