NFL oddsmakers have released odds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigSteve09, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Exactly what I've been thinking.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Those free agents won't be able to come in and gell fast enough, IMO they'll be better the next season... They'll compete for it, but fall short.

3. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

We'll win at least 8 games. If I bet, I would take the over in a heartbeat. We've upgraded positions, overall, IMO. We upgraded safety, which was our biggest hole last season. At DB, we've lost Pacman, which hurts, but our young CBs will be better and Harper's not bad. At LB, we brought in a better MLB, and Tulloch will grow. At DL, we have issues, but if Odom or Laboy steps up, we are in good shape. Ford should be a nice situational pass-rusher early, which we really lacked last season.

OL is set. It was already good. RB is a question mark, but with a good OL and Young a threat to run, whoever is back there will get 1200 yards. WR...we lost a couple of good (not great) players. Jones will be better. He's healthy and in tune with his QB. One of the Roydell, Orr, Roby WRs will probably step up. Davis is already prepared to play the slot. I think we break even at WR, with perhaps some improvement. TE is fine.

I think we are an improved team.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Wow Bulluckfann, that is overly optimistic. Realistically, we are worse at corner without pac, worse at running back without henry, worse at WR with no proven talent, pretty week at DE, and our quarterback has shown flashes of greatness but who would be shocked with a sophmore slump. We might improve at linebacker but who really knows. We will only improve at Saftey if LT sits and Griffin plays but he may not. We will pretty much be the same at every other place. So we definetly got worse in a number of key spots, possibly got better in two spots and stayed the same elsewhere. I don't think that adds up to an improvement.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

But we have Vince Young. You are forgetting how one player can make all 53 better. People say it aint so, but they'd be lying, one player can make everyone better. Vince has already done that. There is more to come.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Yeah, I was putting a positive spin on all those things ;). I honestly don't think we are worse at WR though. I know most people do, but I don't. Bennett is a good player, but Jones has more upside and will be healthy. Orr, Williams, and Roby are more experienced now and should contribute a bit more as a result (though one of them is likely to be cut just because of numbers). The rest you are right...but I still feel good.

Odom is the key.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We have a chance to improve, but it requires multiple young players to really step it up. That's always risky, but we can at least hope to see some new guys shining.

8. well on offense we have VY, 1 of the RBs, Bjones, and one of the other WR

defense... michael griffin and finnegan, until pac gets his ban reduced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar