NFL Players should be paid more...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I'm not exactly a hardened criminal...:grrhee:. I do put my seat belt on, but if Joe Pig would take his vision away from whether I have a seat belt on or not, and look at the low-life that's selling crack and disease infected hookers on the corner, he might actually make the city a better place to live. :yes:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL - you ain't serious about the ammount of "work" an NFL player does are you?

fact is it is a full time gig now. NFL is more than full time during the 6 month season - TC to SB. There is a bit of time off after postseason elimination and before TC the other 4 months of off season "should" be at least 20 hrs a week, probably more, of workouts directed by the staff/weight control coach/whatever the title is.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

big deal! go to your local YMCA those people are doing the same thing plus working 40 hours a week at a normal job.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there is no $$$$ motives for the city to actually lock up the people known to be breaking the law. They do not have $$$ and are only a drain on the Jail system. Let a guy drive with his brake lights out, something that quite often someone has too be informed of, and there will be +$100 + court costs even when you show up proving the lights are fixed. Ask me how I know - lol The guy with the taillight out adds $$$ to the jail system directly and is not a drain. Now I admit that driving around with a brake light out is against the law, so is a bunch of stuff, but it is not a danger too society. Bothersome to my fellow drivers sure but not a danger too society. At the end of the day my brake lights could be on fire and nobody should run into me.

As for Cops knowing where people are and doing nothing about it... where are most arrests made and why Jessee??? On the side of the road. When the cop takes your license back to the car he is checking for outstanding warrents. See if you are a slimeball criminal at least they can impound your car and anything in it providing the jail system with $$$. They know where the slimeball criminals live, but there is no $$$s too be had by getting them in their sleep. Cops have virtually zero motivation to go after the known criminals - Starsky and Hutch excepted - because Serpas has directed them to write tickets.

FWIW I did the math and Metro writes a citation every 4 minutes

5. jessestylex

It shouldnt be up to a cop to make a whole city better. Every human should know right from wrong. Cops shouldn't have to baby sit a bunch of adults. it's ridicules how many people are born with a brain that doesn't see the right way to live a happy life.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

absoutly true but without any meaning whatsoever.

NFL athletes are world class athletes. They were the star of their team in HS, probably the star of their region. They were probably the star of their college team as well. They are less than 2000 NFLers out of +150m US males. Although I am sure they could get a good workout at the YMCA they are paid to go to the facility and workout for the team, and the smart ones do. Not because the YMCA is not good enough for them

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So you think cops are better used making sure everyone has a seat belt on, instead of picking up the scum who's selling dope and whores with aids on the cities street corners in front of children?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The minimum should be higher, and they need to make a player financially secure if hes injued while playing for thqat team, thats it, the top guys get paid to much

9. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Tell that to those trying to make it in the league.
    As those that are multi-millionaires are set for life.
    That is if, they handle their money well!

10. jessestylex

I rather adults act like adults and stop selling dope and murdering people.
    If i can stay out of trouble, if you can stay out of trouble then there's no reason why anyone cant stay out of trouble.

It would be a nice world to live in if our biggest problems were seat belts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar