NFL School Rule Keeps Young Away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A NFL rule which only allows one minicamp while school is in session is keeping QB Vince Young on the outside looking in. "It's kind of crazy, if you ask me. I guess a rule is rule, but I don't know why. I think once you are a part of an organization, you should let the person interact with their teammates and coaches; that is their new family. You'd like to learn about different people and their character and see how they function. I want to get in there and start working with my new teammates. I'm ready to get into it. But a rule is a rule, and you have to follow them I guess." Titans Coach Jeff Fisher says Young will have plenty to do while he is away as he was sent home with the playbook to begin learning. "We can't have any contact with (them) from a meeting standpoint, from a practice standpoint, from anything until the evening of the 15th," Fisher said. "(Vince) is anxious. I'm sure he thinks he can stand outside on the street and absorb information or something. That's how anxious he is."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

This guy has a great attitude and work ethic he may get playing time much sooner than many of us expected. He has told his agent he wants to get into camp and not lose any time and this could be huge for his development this year. We know that holdouts can always happen but I hope we make this guy an offer that can get him signed early. His attitude may have been as much why we took him as his ability.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans will offer a fair contract. Sounds like that will satisfy VY so GoT is excited about not having to watch video of the first round pick on a treadmill instead of in camp.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Afriad the bars will reach his chest ey GoT. :ha:

I can't see VY holding out at all.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Afriad the bars will reach his chest ey GoT. :ha:

I can't see VY holding out at all.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not with VY I ain't - lol

McMVP is big for a QB and VY is a good deal bigger than him.

I remember watching EG warm up with the other RBs. He towered over them.

VY will do the same as a QB.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Definitely. Seeing Eddie in training camp was pretty amazing. I can remember seeing him working out with the team back in the glory days and thinking "there's no way in hell anyone could tackle that guy."

I can certainly see a correlation there with Vince.

Also, I've said this before but I think it warrants mentioning again, Vince was being interviewed on NFL network the night before the draft and he made a comment that he told his agent he wanted to get his contract worked out as quickly as possible. Mike Mayock said "whoah whoah, slow down there big guy, don't show all your cards." Vince replied, "my agent knows I'm the boss."

I wouldn't bet on a lot of things, but I'd bet #10 won't be holding out. We just need to decide who's money we're going to give him.

8. I don't think Young will holdout

If he does thats his decision, but man will I be disappointed

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

He'll get Mac's money..as will the rest of our Rookies..and maybe even Law

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

:greedy: Man, I hope the Titans sign Law...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar