NFL seen unlikely to immediately reinstate Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

But Jones did plea no contest to the misdemeanor in LV, so as far as his record is concerned he admits guilt to that crime and is sentenced for a year probation, some community service etc.. so he has been convicted technically..

2. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I think Goodell should only do two thing. Either let him come back or kick him out totally. More suspention isn't the answer. Either he learned his lession or he didn't. Myself I think he should let him come back and let the Titans deal with him. But I don't think we could get a good enough trade to be fair to us and a release would just be a waste.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

but what did he plead no contest to? some crap misdemeanor that basically means that he probably didn't do anything but his attorneys knew that no jury would let him off.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080201/SPORTS01/80201093/1027

This isn't necessarily about whether he is convicted of anything. It is his pattern of behavior.

"...I don’t think Adam has demonstrated that he understands the message clearly and that he is making the correct decisions..."

"If he needs more time to understand what we expect of him, then I’ll accommodate that."

He won't get reinstated until after the Georgia stuff is decided. And if he does anything between now and then that lands him in the paper, I doubt he'll be reinstated.

Whether you believe or not that Goodell should have the right to keep Jones out of the league for just "tarnishing the shield", the reality is he has the authority to do so, has drawn the line, and Jones is too stupid to understand he needs to change his ways if he wants to play in the NFL ever again.

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

The man has no right to keep going out to nightclubs where he keeps getting into trouble. It doesn't matter whether he is innocent or guilty, he, as a profession athlete has no busy being there. What an example for our youth. I am going to grow up and be the king of strip clubs. That is what Pacman doesn't get. "Don't blame me. I didn't do it". What are you there in the first place?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pacman has a right to do whatever legal thing he wants, including going to a strip club. Does it jeopardise his chances of getting reinstated? Sure does.
    But that is his own fault, and doesn't prohibit him from doing whatever he wants.

And instead of getting athletes to be examples for youths, get the parents to do it. Shocking as it sounds because it involves a parent actually doing something instead of waiting for the next big issue to blame for their kids being bad. But anyone looking at athletes as role models in this day and age (especially in America) are really struggling.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really don't think the NFL has any business telling Pacman he can't go to a stripclub, but I don't think Pacman should be arrested or questioned by police monthly either.

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

You are entitled to your opinion...but he has the RIGHT to do what HE wants. If he could only learn to keep his head straight and stay out of bad situations he would be alot better off. We all know he could have gone about his ways alot better during his suspension but my god let the kid play. Enough is enough Goodell. He is starting to act like god and hes not.

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

your right he has been convicted of a misdemeanor but he has never been convicted of a felony..their are at least 5 players i know of that have been convicted of felony's and are playing in the nfl right now.. i guess my point is that unfortunatley rodger goodell has chosen pacman as his scape goat and the titans as a team are paying the price..

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

if the nfl wants too start suspending players that go to nightclubs every team would haft to forfeit because they wouldnt have enough players to play.. look it's ok to go to a night club if you are mature enough to handle it.. and no i dont think pacman can handle it but everyone needs to understand when an nfl player goes to a night club it's totally differant than if you or i went to a nightclub.. as soon as a nfl player walks into a bar every one is looking at them and wants to be near them.. alot of guys get jelouse because every girl in the club wants to get with them and that pisses all the guys off and thats when the trouble starts.. what would you do if you went to a bar and all of a sudden some girl comes up and starts talking to you and then her boyfriend comes up to you and starts talking smack.it happens to nfl players all of the time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar