NFL Taxes - Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Someone sent me this article and i found it pretty interesting....

Sure we're seeing these huge numbers for contracts as of late - across all sports and most recently in the NBA - but its crazy how much money they have to give up... And I don't think this even takes into account agent and all that stuff...

What Do NFL Players Pay in Taxes? | SmartAsset.com

As low as about 42% (TEN) to as high as about 50% (SD).

Take that against a nice '5 year, 50M contract' for example (where a player plays it out and gets all of it - big assumption), and your talking anywhere from what... 2-5M gone dending on which team he's on?

That's just incredible.

Granted you can't choose where you're drafted, but usually most teams offer around the same for FA's and they take their pick. I wonder if their agents and advistors tell him these small (but potentially million dollar) details...

But I guess you can also say, 'Oh if i go to Ten, or some small market team with more tax releif, I probably will loose more $ in potential endosements?"

Not sure...

Throw in agent fees, gotta give some friends and family money, buy a house for mom, a couple bad investments, child support, divorceses... No wonder there's so many lists of hugely rich athletes filing for bankrucpy.

In other news, Andre signing with the Titans is funny, he's leagally outrunning the IRS with where he's played in his career lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Fu-- the IRS.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Losing 5million on a 50 million contract...boo f*cking hoo

The $ is crazy and getting crazier...Ryan Fitzpatrick makes more than Obama lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Um, isn't the Presidents salary only $400,000 a year? The min rookie salary for an NFL player was more than that in 2015...

5. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I agree. Your math is a little off though. We aren't talking 5 million on a 50 million contract. More like 20-25 million on a 50 million contract.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yeah that's what I'm saying :)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

OK I must have misread the op...still...boo f*cking hoo lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

had a better year ....

:rimshot:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Taxes are no joke. Don't players for the Toronto Raptors have to pay significantly more than players in the USA?

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar