NFL to Falcons: No Super Bowl Party for You

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...rgia-dome-host-a-2017-super-bowl-watch-party/

The main reasons I find this article interesting is that I was talking to a friend after the Falcons game about ticket prices for the SB. He asked if I'd ever consider paying that much if the Titans made it. I said hell no, but I would definitely go to Nashville and watch the game in the stadium, even if it cost a little to get in. I felt like that would be an awesome thing to do!

Then this comes out and kind of killed that dream. This is insanely ridiculous though. They're that worried about 20-30k people in one stadium watching the game? Couldn't they just keep a count of who's there and add them to their ratings?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd do it anyways if I were the Falcons

Wtf is Goodell gonna do to Arthur Blank for this lol?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Take away his 32nd pick

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Goodell has fumbled issues time after time

He doesn't want to add another to the list does he?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think Blank would care about losing the 32nd pick. Means he has a trophy

#5 Gunny, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Something tells me this has to do with money (shocking, I know). If Blank wanted to do it, I think he could push for it to happen and it would.

But the Georgia dome is owned by the state of Georgia. The Falcons lease their space there. I doubt Blank cares to push this to happen since he wouldn't get a cut and he'll be in Houston anyways.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Wow. So you're breaking copyright laws if you have a TV over 55" and watch the Superbowl on it?

I can see not wanting 50,000+ people at a stadium watching...but as the OP said, take count and add those to the ratings. But I'm guessing it probably goes by TVs tuned in so those 50k+ would only count as however many screens were on in the stadium.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Good

**** Atlanta

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Why is this really that surprising?

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

tear down their stadium?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar