NFL to have no salary cap after 2009?!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KingTitan25, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They already changed this somewhat. Now trading a player has exactly the same effect as releasing him, both before and after June 1.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's posturing, they'll just renegotiate. Everyone is making too much money to let it fall apart.

3. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

yeah thats a good one(jamarcus russell), but for the most part i like the way the nfl is set up more than any other league.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The only thing I think the NFL must address is rookie contracts. I think they should be standardized somewhat to avoid holdouts.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If there is no cap in 2009 there will be about 12-16 teams left by 2015

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I agree, they should have some sort of system where the contract is determined by where a player is drafted (I think the NBA has a system similar to that, but I'm not sure) and I've always thought that rookie contracts should be mainly insentive based (kinda like what the Broncos gave Maurice Clarett a few years ago) that way if players do well they'll get paid appropriately whether they were drafted in the 6th round or 6th overall and if players become busts then they don't get the mega contracts just because they should have been good.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

It'l be like the english premiership. 4 teams or so able to compete every year for the next 20 years. Boring as **** unless you actually support one of them.

8. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

No way in the world that flies with the owners. They will get a deal done or have a lock out-which both sides will desperately try to avoid. No cap==New England, Giants, Cowboys (and maybe a few more that I am forgetting) domination for years to come.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

I bet this guy would love a no-cap.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Tell me one reason why a player wants to have a cap on what they can be paid? :ha:

The players want no cap so they can sell themselves to the highest bidder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar