NFL Trade Deadline Dealing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Oct 27, 2013.

?
  1. Offensive playmaker.

27.3%
  2. Defensive playmaker.

45.5%
  3. No need, go with the guys we have.

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I did a Twitter search yesterday for "chris johnson cowboys" and the results were absolutely hilarious. Cowboys fans clearly don't pay much attention to the Titans.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I feel compelled to police it, because it leaks into all other threads and suddenly half of this forum truly believes Chris Johnson has 1st-round trade value and that's all people want to discuss.

But you're right. I should try to just ignore it. It just bugs me that so many Titans fans are clueless about a lot of stuff that is very, very easy to not be clueless about.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

...for Google to spider in case a GM runs a search.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like I said, I know where you're coming from. Lots of stupid stuff gets posted here. But I just accept that as part of the territory (internet sports forum). Besides, I don't think the people who honestly believe CJ has 1st round trade value are taken very seriously around here in general.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The thread to be bitching about people thinking CJ would be traded to cowboys is the thread that says "Rumor: CJ to be traded to Cowboys" (or whatever that is not word for word)

I don't see any problem in a trade deadline discussion whether someone wants to say "hypothetically" or whether it is a real possibility of a trade being discussed elsewhere.

Wouldn't care if people wanted to speculate the CJ trade to cowboys here, even though we know it won't happen and is dumb to discuss.

I LOATHE a thread with that title. I was very very close to creating multiple "Rumor" threads yesterday such as "Locker traded to Vikings?"

Personally would like to see Mods delete those type of threads.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I see what you're saying TTF and I know that more than likely we make zero deals. BUT I believe that it would be worth going after guys like Fitzgerald and Allen to make a run this season. I fully understand that it's a pipe dream to think that we'd go after anyone much less high caliber guys like I just mentioned. That said though, I wish we were willing to take a chance sometimes and make a splash. Won't happen but still nice to talk about the what-ifs.

As for CJ having 1st round value, I see it as any other meaningful possession people have. You buy a brand new Corvette, you pay damn good money for it, you're not just gonna sell it for $10,000 or trade it for a Kia just for the sake of making a deal. You know the value is there, no need to settle for less than it's worth.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The mods have been correcting the titles. That Cowboys trade thread was something else I think before. Plus I do not think it had the "Rumor" tag on it. And they did correct that JCB thread title that suggested Fitzy was going to the Jets.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I'd maybe prefer the title to be "Mort and Adam discuss purely hypothetical trade involving CJ on ESPN this morning"

But I'm just old and like to complain.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's not really a great analogy though. In your analogy you are implying there's nothing wrong with the Corvette and it's still performing just like the day you got it.

A better analogy would be "you bought a brand new Corvette, you paid damn good money for it, but unfortunately the engine blew up and needs to be completely replaced". Does that Corvette still have the same value as when you bought it? No, it does not.

Same deal with CJ. He doesn't have 1st round value just because we used a 1st on him and gave him a ton of money. Other teams don't care what we "paid" for CJ.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Is this really the right year to be mortgaging the future to try to make a run at the playoffs? Trading future picks rarely ends up being a wise decision when it's all said and done. When you look at the best teams in the league today, they are all teams that acquire draft picks in trades rather than trading them away (Packers, Patriots, 49ers).

Maybe if the Titans were one piece away from a Super Bowl run it would make sense, but this team is nowhere close to that.

Besides, does anyone want to see a Titans front office that might be fired after this season start trading away the future and potentially cripple the next regime?

I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever for the Titans to be buyers at the deadline. And I feel very comfortable saying they won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar