Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

NFL Trade Deadline Dealing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Oct 27, 2013.

?

Who should we pursue to help us for this second half run?

Offensive playmaker. 9 vote(s) 27.3%
Defensive playmaker. 15 vote(s) 45.5%
No need, go with the guys we have. 9 vote(s) 27.3%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,986
    ^ I agree.

I just don't think we are close enough to be trading away draft picks for current players.

The only trade I HOPE we make is trading away Britt for something! 5th rounder anybody? 6th? New Chipolte Breakfast burrito from Sonic?
  1. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,217
    I agree. And if the FO was planning to mortgage the future they would not have taken a project pick in the second round.
  2. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,171

Agree to disagree. I'm not just some CJ nutswinger, I have a different idea of what his worth is to the team. He's not producing like did in 09 but his line is nowhere near as strong as it was then either. But I will leave it at that. Has he been less effective as of late? No doubt. Is he a lost cause? Absolutely not.
    titan520 high fives this.
  3. Chronos Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $1,158
    Are you talking combo or just the burrito? We need to keep it realistic.
    SawdustMan and Alex1939 high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
  4. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,279
    I'm not saying you're a CJ nutswinger. I'm not saying he's a lost cause either.

We can sit here all day talking about what CJ could do... IF he had a better OL... IF we were more creative on offense. But the sad fact is our OL just isn't very good and we aren't even remotely creative on offense. So it's pointless to even talk about those what if scenarios. You don't get to set the value of a guy based on what he could do if everything went perfect for him.

The reality is that no team in the league is going to give up a 1st round pick for CJ in his current form, much less two 1st round picks. Personally, barring a major restructure, I don't see CJ being a Titan in 2014 anyway. So I'd be more than happy to let him go for a decent pick or pick/player combo.
    Big Time Titan high fives this.
  5. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,461
    Britt and Battle to Carolina for Mike Tolbert :)
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    :giggle:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,417
    :tj: