NFL Withheld $120 million From Players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 23, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

not yet

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I thought with the new cba teams were going to have to spend 80 to 90 percent to the cap. So teams like the titans, browns, bengals, jags,etc could not pocket the millions extra that these owners pocket.

Seems like that deadline keeps getting pushed back, if you add that in it is even worse. Bottom line is the players did a terrible job with the cba and nfl and GODdell got the best of them.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Supposedly teams like the Titans and Browns who never max out their cap will have to begin paying the difference back to the league after this season. And the cap floor thing youre talking about isnt applied to any single season, its over a span of 3 seasons..

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

And yet during the work stoppage of 2011, many around here were on the side of the owners and not the players, with some even calling the players greedy.

The owners are, largely, billionaire crooks.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Some one help me out here and tell me what the big deal was? If the player got the money owned with their individual contract, no money was withheld from players. The way I read this...the money was withheld from the team itself, and there is no guarantee that would have gone to a player. Seems the " money being withheld from players" is a headline to garner sympathy?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar