NFLPA to File Grievance for McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Didn't the Titans recently pay McNair $1 million to buy six months' time between March and August to renegotiate his contract? If that's correct, aren't they entitled to the full six months for Reese and Cook to try and work it out?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Nope, the 1 million is paid Sept. 1, I believe.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The way I understand it McNair recieved 1m so the Titans could cancel the 50m extension. There is a 1m september roster bonus that is a seperate issue.

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Bottomline is McNair thinks he is worth more than he actually is now. Sound familiar ( Eddie George)? There comes a time in a players career where they have to make a decision, know your role and take a few less dollars and go out with class ( Jerome Bettis) or make a bad choice and go out like a punk ( Eddie George). If Steve thinks he is worth top dollar now then he has less smarts than Vince Young on Wonderlic test day.:ha:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's exactly right.
    How much are you going to pay for the proverbial gallon of milk.
    In other words, they are both right.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

"I'm not sure yet, but I think this is gonna suck."

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

I am Cornholio!!!
    sorry, I'll bite on anything.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I found this in the March 2nd Nashville City Paper:

". . . McNair’s own contract situation was dealt with Wednesday, as the Titans officially declined the $50 million option bonus and paid the $1 million non-exercise fee that officially ends the contract after the 2006 season, barring a new extension. . . ."

9. That wasn't correct in the article. He is due to receive a $1M bonus. But he's also due to receive a $9M base salary. He won't necessarily get either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar