Nice article on Thompson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he dropped ten pounds? what, he cut his dreads off?

anywho is Lamont going to play Free or Strong?

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

The way the article sounded, they may be trading up some.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I infer they're going to swap them. The D looks to have many contributors and be very fluid from the sound of things.

Weird, does it strike you that we have a team of free safeties at the top of the depth chart? Hope, Thompson, Fuller and Lowry all have been billed as free safeties, though Hope and Lowry say they can play strong, and Thompson will have to. (Yes, I've left of Nickey and Randall).

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

What do you mean?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hill Looking to Build on Rookie Season

elf mail...<---post on Tank

:ha:

Am I the only one that thinks that is hilarious?:ha:

It will be better.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i think he meant alternating places SS / FS

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Thompson Hoping to Add a Step Back to His Game

SUMMARY: After watching film of his play last year, S Lamont Thompson didn't like what he saw. He was often a step too late to making a play. Though the Titans have asked Thompson to drop 10 pounds and get faster, they understand the real reason was his role in getting the rookie corners in position before the snap. "When you are a free safety in the middle and you have two rookies starting, you have a lot of work to do," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "And that's what he did. He was getting people lined up, and when the ball is finally snapped, the last person he was worried about was himself. Now as everybody grows in the defense and gets more experience, Lamont can pay more attention to what Lamont is supposed to do." Thompson is now working with S Chris Hope as the two will alternate roles. Both players will be asked to play close to the line of scrimmage on run plays, and at other times drop back to oversee large areas in coverage.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:) See. Lamont is in agreement.

Do does anyone think less hair can make you faster?

How much of those 10 lbs are dreads?

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This was a misprint. It should have been written:

Did LaMont make any plays last year at all? I don't remember seeing him break up any passes or stick any RBs or WRs on a tackle. It was almost like he wasn't even out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar