Nice write up on FA's.............

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bongo59, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Certainly more impact DEs available than DTs. If we are able to secure Kerney or Smith through Free Agency, then I'd go after a DT in Rd 1 of the draft (Tank Tyler, Okoye etc may be there around our spot).

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

a factor just as important as the increase in the cap is a change in the rule for signing-bonus proration that will take effect in the 2007 offseason. Teams can again prorate signing bonuses over six seasons. Those bonuses could only be prorated over five seasons in 2005 and ’06.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say we go for Kerney.

5. hes a good one

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It will be interesting to see who actually hits the market. I think the DE position is going to be a strength in both FA and the draft.

So the question is do you spend your money other places like MLB that will be cheaper and just plan on taking a DE in the draft or do you spend your money at DE and then pass on them in the draft.

I still haven't given up on Odom. He had a freak injury this yr that has only happened a few times in the NFL. Their were lots of questions as to how to treat it. He should be ready for 2007.

I'd be ok with KVB, Odom, Laboy, and draft pick as our DEs. As long as we improve the CB, FS, and MLB position.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The beauty about the position we're in is great: whatever we opt to do will work out. We could virtually go strong at any four of those positions in FA and then fill accordingly via the draft. We could land a DE and CB then fill FS and MLB through the draft or vice versa. It's nice to have this money after a few years of penny pinching.

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Some guys I like from that list: Justin Smith, Patrick Kerney, Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements. Most people aren't very high on Justin Smith, but I think here he could be very productive and he's very consistent even though he's never broken 8.5 sacks. Kerney, well, I don't really need to say much there. Eric Steinbach would be good for our line - period. Finally, Clements may not have the Int's, but as the guy pointed out: he's physical, tall and can play the run. I remember that hit he put on the San Diego WR, where he just upended the guy....was one of the nastiest hits I've ever seen.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I'd like to sign Justin Smith (DE), Sands from Oakland (DT), and a CB (clements or samual)...

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

That actually sounds like a good FA period to me. Add in a OG to that list and we'd be set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar