Nick Fairley at #8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I came across this quote tonight from NFLdraftscout.com's Rob Rang, and why he has him going to the Titans at #8

"I've spoken to a handful of teams who were more frightened off by Fairley at the Combine than either Newton or Ryan Mallett. No one questions Fairley's talent, but teams were turned off by his "soft" build and wonder how hard he'll work once he signs a big NFL paycheck. The Titans have other, bigger needs, but could have a hard time passing up on Fairley's top-five talent."

We are going to be in an interesting spot if he falls. Do you take a guy who could have easily gone #1 overall...or do you take a QB like Jake Locker?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

If we get a vet qb before the draft and fairley is there at 8 its a no brainer (unless miller is there too).

The guys over at Football futures just had there pick at 8 and selected Fairley.

3. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

that would be a very interesting spot for the Titans if he is on the board. He does look a little soft. Him and rocker back together though could be very good. I bet some teams would be willing to jump up to 8 and get him and maybe we could get a few more picks for that 8th spot. Just saying. we got a lot of holes and could use extra picks. I would rather have someone over fairley but of course I aint in the draft room.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't like him at top 3, but I love him at 8.

5. 24

24 Starter

Funny how just one week can completely change someone's opinion. We knew he was a one year wonder before the combine, now it suddenly becomes an issue? The weight is also an issue, but as I said before, if he played at 290 during the season, then by all means, stay at 290.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

correct me if i'm wrong... but if you're lazy.... wouldn't you gain more weight instead of losing it? I wonder why he's losing weight...

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Two things happened at the combine that hurt Fairley....

1) Dareus looked good in the drills. He never really got to showcase that at Alabama, because he was mostly a space filler.

2) Fairley opened his mouth in the interviews.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I want Fairley! We already have his D-line coach. If he can be AH version 2.0 for 2-3 dominate seasons while we have an actual QB to match, it would be amazing. Just imagine 2008 Albert Haynesworth and the rest of the Titans with 2008 Aaron Rodgers as QB. Maybe we can catch that lightning this time.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If we don't take him and he's available you better believe it's because Tracy Rocker didn't want him after knowing what Fairley is all about at Auburn.

10. TNTitanFan

TNTitanFan Camp Fodder

My sentiments exactly, but I think that Dareus would be a better fit, if he is still there. If two QB's are taken before #8, it's a good chance that he or others could be there. I watched many Alabama games and Fairley's college play will not work in the NFL, driving QB's into the ground, spearing - using his helmet, I suppose you can uncoach, but from the same coach? I bet Rocker and Munch will have this conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar