Nick Fairley at #8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The closer and closer we get towards the draft, the more and more I'm thinking we go DL, QB with the first two picks we have. There may be tons of defensive linemen in this class, but in those dozens, there's really only a handful that are NFL ready. No one is too sure if any of these QB's are NFL ready.

2. 24

24 Starter

I'm telling you, this guy has Sapp written all over him. I wouldn't mind taking him at #8. The film doesn't lie.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/23/mcshay-on-nick-fairley-he-has-a-chance-to-be-a-bust/

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I don't know what planet you live on but here on earth Fairley is nothing like Sapp. The only thing they have in common is the fact that they are both slipping prior to their respective drafts. On NFL network Sapp compared Dareus to himself and said they both played the same. He didn't like the fact that Fairley plays high, with zero leverage, and does not use his hands well at all. Sapp played balls out on every play and had a much bigger body of work in college; Fairley has motivational issues and is a classic example of a one year wonder. They don't even have similar body types, one reason Fairley is slipping is because of his body, which is said to be far from NFL ready... Similar to a certain player we are all familiar with Sen'Derrick Marks. Sapp slipped due to rumors of marijuana use, Fairley is slipping because he is raw, has a horrible body and technique. Want a real comparison, he's Haynesworth with a bad body.

4. 24

24 Starter

Are you kidding? Let me guess, you read some scouting report on nfldraftscout, maybe draftcountdown? Give me a break. I quoted myself talking about what Sapp said. I'm well aware of what he said, thank you. If you think for even one second that Fairley's "body" isn't ready for the NFL, you're delusional. They were talking about his "soft" body, the fact that he didn't look in shape. He has technique issues, yes. Which makes his body of work that much more impressive. Then you go compare him to Marks, and the only thing they have in common is that they both went to Auburn. Marks fell in the draft because of knee injuries. Fairley has production to back it up. You also talk about how Sapp isn't even the same body type, then you compare Fairley to Haynesworth. I bet you were one of the people saying Fairley should go #1 overall to Carolina until about 4 weeks ago when Mayock started touting Dareus. Then the whole media jumped on the bandwagon, including you. I'm going to stop, cause I could go on and on and on...

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Marks wasn't even that good coming out. Didn't like that pick then, and still don't.

Fairley has done much. Dareus has done nothing. There's a reason... but no one cares about production anymore. They look at everything but.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sorry man but I watch NFL network religiously, I know what Sapp,Michael Lombardi, all of them say about Fairley. ALL of them have concerns along with many other analysts. I suppose you're the enlightened one since you know more than everyone else and are not conceerned about him in any way. I only compared Marks to Fairley in their non NFL body types. I think Marks put up 225 like 10 times in college which is pathetic. I know fairley is stronger just saying they don't have ideal bodies coming into the league. Frankly I'd be pissed if we take any DT at eight, Fairley, Dareus, any of them.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I tend to put more stock in how they play on the field than any off the field issues. Right around draft time people start over-analyzing players and make off the field issues much bigger than they are. If you look at stats and game film, Fairley was twice the player Dareus was. I hope the rest of the NFL buys into the off the field problems because if he's there at 8 it's a no brainer.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

DT, Nick Fairley will be there at #8

Will we take him? do we need a DT?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Okay, John Connor.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar