Nick Fairley was in Tennessee Today for a Visit.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes Auburn DT Nick Fairley would be "nearly impossible to pass up" if he drops to No. 8 overall.

Even with Fairley's stock supposedly on the decline, Wyatt emphasized that it's unlikely he'll get past the Titans. The 2010 game tape agrees."

Look like this is our #1 pick.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yes please

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I really believe Fairley has Reggie White / Warren Sapp potential if he can gain some strength and put forth the effort. He has a special athleticism other DTs simply don't have. I like him better than Dareus for upside. We will probably have to rely on Rocker for inside information on this kid but we have the DL coach who coached him to one of the most dominant seasons a DT can have.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be alright with Fairley (depending on who else is on the board). He's very dirty, and seems unmotivated at times. He could be a monster though.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

No thanks. Baby Biz Markie can get the "F" out. This guy has "bust" written all over him.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Elaborate because the only knock I see is one year of production and he plays a little dirty...boo hoo.

Guy has crazy athleticism, burst, better functional strength than he is given credit for evidence of him tossing lineman like against Oregon, and hits like a truck. We have his D-Line coach from Auburn so if we pull the trigger he obviously thinks he is worth the selection. A couple weeks ago he was talked about as the #1 overall pick to land him at #8 would be a steal.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Dude reminds me of Fat Albert, mostly the bad stuff. He's has a soft body which, admittedly, can be changed with effort. With him it's all between the ears, I don't think he's motivated to be a dominant player much like Haynesworth. He takes plays off and has horrible technique... which or awesome D-Line coach Rocker obviously has no clue how to coach/teach out of him. Also, one year wonder, JC transfers scare me big time. Funny how he goes off they year before entering the draft... the guy clearly is motivated by money, has 10 brothers and sisters, but just doesn't have that non-stop motor to be the 8th overall pick. Many, many experts thing he's a bust and I totally agree with them. Mayock said tonight that he wouldn't touch him. Not only that, but I don't think DT is the position we should be drafting at 8... I mean no DT, not even Dareus.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Fair enough I respect your assessment you bring up some valid concerns I still like the guy but everyone has their own opinion on each prospect. will never know until they step on the field. Mayock does say some stupid things though like Austin now being a top DT going somewhere between 20-32 and he has many of the same concerns and was not nearly as good.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That would be wonderful. But if he's there at 8, and we pick him, and he doesn't turn out to be a star, I'm blaming you for it. Okay?

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like that he's a dirty player. This team needs some attitude and some mean guys on defense. Those are the guys that other teams fear.

Watching the National Championship game alone is enough for me to want to take Fairley. But I got to see him play 4 or 5 times this past year and he's an absolute beast and very quick for a guy his size. We haven't had a good push up the middle since AH left and he could provide that and help collapse the pocket and help out D. Morgan get some sacks.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar