Nick Harper - Ouch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

The problem is it's too late to switch, at least for now. They tried Finny playing the other side in preseason and the comments were from Fisher that he did ok but had some issues. They are so used to their positions now that it'd be a huge risk swapping them.

2. Doggin94it

Doggin94it Camp Fodder

Again - not every CB can play both sides of the field. It's not as easy as just lining up somewhere else - the position of LCB and RCB often have completely different responsibilities (particularly in zone). Even Asomugha stays on one side of the field.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree that Harper shouldn't be talking after a poor game. But what Fisher said is EXTREMELY hypocritical. Sorry TenACTyrant, but it is finger pointing.

"And the only way you get out of it is you avoid pointing fingers at anybody" - Fisher

"The players alluding to the fact that we’re having trouble making adjustments need to pay better attention to what is going on on the sideline." - Fisher

He just pointed his finger at Harper, and at the same time shirked any responsibility for our poor plays from a coaching perspective.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

This is true. And while all the media will get out of the Titans this week is "nobody is panicking" and "we just need to get a win and get on a roll", behind close doors I would imagine that the team is very tense, and that there is plenty of anger, frustration and finger pointing going on. There were too many high expectations on this team for there not to be. Another loss this Sunday, especially if brought about by another poor defensive performance, and I think this team will implode.

5. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

i dunno, knowing fisher, for him to say anything like that i'd have to probably land on his side of it. i can't imagine the coaches didn't make adjustments. Fisher is meticulous when it comes to those sorts of things.

I think Harper is bitter cause he got abused.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree! And it's pretty amazing that Fisher would say you alleviate frustration by not pointing fingers, and then he does it himself! He just made the problem worse.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Someone show me where Harper singled anyone out. Please. All I saw in his statements were 'we' and 'us'. That said, I'm still quite disappointed in his play.
    IMO, finger pointing is mentioning one or two specific names and/or implying that one or two individuals were the problem.

8. TenACTyrant

well i mean he said the coaches didn't make adjustments or prepare them correctly basically

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I was going to say the same thing... It bothered me that Fisher turned around and joined in the finger pointing, just after he said that you have to avoid it. He's the leader, and he's losing control of the ship. The only way to fix it is to take responsibility and be honest about what's wrong. His comments don't give me confidence he's doing that.

10. TenACTyrant

i dont understand what fisher is supposed to say. we're idiots all the sudden and dont know what the hell we're doing on the sideline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar