Nick Harper - Ouch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

To paraphrase he also said something along the lines of "we had guys out there wanting to do their own thing and not playing their responsibility within the defense". so yes, he didn't name names, but he clearly in his mind had at least one player (probably Griffin) singled out as not doing their job.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I love how Fisher says this:

"The players alluding to the fact that we’re having trouble making adjustments need to pay better attention to what is going on on the sideline."

Umm. If adjustments are made, we should be able to see it from watching the FIELD. Not the effing "sidelines".

3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Fisher had to address the issue of Harper claiming that our coaching staff didn't make adjustments. If Harper wouldn't flapped his jaws, then we never would have heard about it from Fisher.

He was addressing a player's comments, not finger pointing

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I haven't been the biggest fan of Harper's but I can't let him take all the blame for us getting torched by the Texans. Finnegan was out of place, Tulloch was out of place, Griffin was out of place, and Hope was out of place too. Harper does sound like the kettle calling the pot black though. This time it wasn't totally his fault but it usually is. He has the worst history of all our DBs when it comes to getting smoked.

Still, as bad as he played, Griffin, Hope and Finnegan are just as much to blame. It seems as though that Pro Bowl status has gone to their heads. They're expecting our opponents to just bow down and submit to the big bad DBs of Tennessee and Houston showed us that just isn't gonna happen. I'm scared family, I am scared. To get torched like we did against the likes of Matt frickin' Schaub makes my stomach turn. I swear I thought I saw the smoky ghosts of Lamont Thompson and Reynaldo Hill out there. Not cool dude, not cool at all. Very undude of us.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Haper looked like Chris Carr out there.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:eh?:

How is this even debatable?

"The players alluding to the fact that we’re having trouble making adjustments need to pay better attention to what is going on on the sideline." - Fisher

That is calling out the players. It's finger pointing. It's not simply addressing a player's comments. It's saying that player isn't paying attention.

That of itself, considering comments from Harper after a poor performance is understandable. What isn't understandable is making that comment IMMEDIATELY after Fisher saying "When you are a good football team and you start off the season (0-2) there is going to be frustration, OK? And the only way you get out of it is you avoid pointing fingers at anybody". By Fisher's own admission, he just made things worse by adding to the team's frustration.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Our secondary isn't fluke. Finnegan is a great corner. THope is a solid safety, though his cover skills are only average. The problem is the D-Line is getting no pressure. Oh and Harper being completely inept at the CB position. That certainly doesn't help either. We need to find a replacement. Seriously this guy is starting to make Reynoldo Hill look good.

And I agree that Cecil puts too much pressure on his secondary. I'm really starting to dislike him for this.

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

In my opinion, Fisher had to respond because one of his players made an accusation in the media that wasn't true. Fisher had to set the record straight and send a message to the players that you don't question the coaching staff via the media. Again, if Harper wouldn't have flapped his jaws, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

I think if Fisher feels he has to respond to the media about player's comments after the game, then he shouldn't use the "don't finger point" comment. It's just too hypocritical.

He could've said "No comment" or "We are all frustrated by the losses, but we'll work things out internally" and I wouldn't see an issue.

OR, he could just call out Harper directly and leave out the finger pointing stuff.

But to say "don't finger point" and then immediately finger point at the player, that doesn't sit well with me, I imagine it wouldn't sit well with some players but that's speculation because I don't personally know any.

(and I don't like Fisher, so I like to call out his bs whenever I see it)

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

That explains a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar