Nick Harper - Ouch

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Concerning Harper's statements...to paraphrase: We were out of position. We saw we needed to make adjustments and we didn't. We had people running around doing whatever they wanted.
    Just exactly what part about what Harper said isn't true?
    -Griffin was out of position, more than once.
    -the defense didn't make adjustments like they were supposed to
    -they didn't execute

Whether he should have said that or not and whether it was true or not, are two different things.
    Should he have made those statements publicly? No
    Was what he said true? yes it was

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Harper: “We didn’t make any corrections on our sideline,’’ Harper said. “There were some plays that happened on my side, and (the Texans) flip-flopped and ran the exact same play on the other side and we still didn’t get any stops. That tells me we didn’t make any corrections on the sideline but they made all the corrections and that hurt us.’’

Harper said some things have to change. But it won’t happen by just snapping fingers.

The part I highlighted is the part that Fisher is stating isn't true. Harper says the coaches didn't make any corrections, and Fisher said that isn't true.

You can debate it all you want. Bottom line is our entire secondary sucked on Sunday but none as bad as Harper. He had a horrible game and for him to come out and basically blame the coaching staff for not making corrections or adjustments just comes off as whining to me. My original point was if he felt the need to speak to the media, he should have just said "I sucked" no excuses and be done with it.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

man....i still sometimes wonder what if pac hadnt gone insane and stayed with us and continued to improve.

he would have completed the team at this point. a rock at cb in just his 2nd year; by now, him and Finny would be fighting for big plays; not to mention completing possibly the very best secondary.

not to forget his sick return skills would solve any problems in special teams.

his jersey hanging in my closet doesnt help forgetting this guy.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It explains that I'll be quick to point out his hypocritical, or sometimes lying, ways.

But it doesn't change the FACT he finger pointed after saying finger pointing was detrimental to the team.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not that I'm advocating anything but, Fisher is the shotcaller. I certainly think he has the leeway (that the players do not) to make statements like that.
    Kinda like when you were a kid and you weren't allowed to swear, but your parents could (and sometimes did). It's not fair, but you weren't in charge either. In case you forgot, being in charge does have its perks. Just sayin'.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

The following have been staples in Jeff Fishers Titans.
    1. Terrible at running or stopping a screen pass.

2. As great as his Defenses have been everyone here has a feeling the 3rd and 12 pass will be completed for 15 yds and a first down. Happens way too much.

As for Harper, this guy should have been replaced 2 years ago. I put this video together in Feb.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpekEgWgKBc

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What parent do and don't can be discussed forever, however in business it is good form to hold management to a higher standard than the employees. The reverse would be incredibly bad form.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why did you put some plays that harper wasn't even involved with? And some were covered very well but the throw/catch was just great.

but there were the times when he was completely lost or tried to bat a ball down that went right in to a receivers hands.

oh, and lmao @ Jeff Fisher teams sucking at running. I hope that was a joke.

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I hate to put words in the mouth of someone smarter than me, but I think he meant "running" as in "executing" a screen pass, rather than running the ball per rush attempt. If there was any misrepresentation as a result of this post I aplologize.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not that I disagree with you by any means, show me an environment where that never happens. It happens everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar