Nick Saban for our new Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

He might be alright for the next 2 seasons, but when we have to play the AFC East again.... He wont survive to come back from Miami. People in south Florida want the guy's head on a platter.

2. sikwiddit

sikwiddit Starter

No.The guy is gonna quit on any nfl team that hires him the first time anyone criticizes his coaching style.... Might as well shoot our self in the face now[​IMG].

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Nick Saban is a former Oiler guy himself.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Long story short, I could get behind Saban. If he came here he would be one of the top guys on my list.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Seriously? Didn't know that.

haha.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

His first pro job was DB coach for the Oilers in '88 and '89. He left to become head coach at Toledo.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I honestly continued to believe Pete Carroll was an idiot until this season.

But I was actually a lot higher on the Seahawks before the season began than most were. I had them at 9-7 due to that defense and run game. Had no idea Wilson would be this good... and a lot of people were saying Carroll was a moron for naming Wilson the starter after signing Flynn.

Fail Mary or not... They'd still have made the playoffs - assuming they can beat Fisher in Seattle on Sunday. Should be a gimme.

I wish they would've won the division and got homefield advantage because I don't see ANY team beating them in Seattle with the way they're playing right now.

I've never liked Carroll, but one thing I've always liked is his energy on the field.

And as others have said, he's a perfect example of someone who initially failed in the NFL and returned to have success. It looks like he will be coaching in Seattle for a long time.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think people are overly critical of Carroll's previous NFL experience. He was only given one season with the Jets and they were in the playoff mix until Dan Marino beat them with the fake spike. He made the playoffs 2 of 3 seasons with the Patriots and never had a losing season.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Carroll is an idiot and they'll go out in the first round this year.

But he has turned that team around.

10. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Saban is a great coach only in college football though he can't motivate professional athletes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar