Nick Stephens thankful for opportunity with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans released quarterback Nick Stephens and 10 others players on Sunday as the team reached the NFL’s 75-man roster limit. The news didn’t come as a huge surprise to Stephens, who played for Tennessee and later for Tarleton State.

Stephens, signed as an undrafted free agent in April, never threatened Rusty Smith for the third spot behind Jake Locker and Matt Hasselbeck, but he said he benefited from being around Hasslbeck, offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains the last few months.

“You can never be in a bad situation when you have an opportunity to learn from guys that have been around the game for so long like Matt and Dowell and Chris Palmer. They taught me a lot. Now, this is just another hurdle I have to get over and I’m looking forward to the challenge,” Stephens said. “I worked hard and did the best I could.”

In addition to Stephens, the Titans on Sunday also released running back Herb Donaldson, center William Vlachos, punter/kicker Will Batson, guard George Bias, receiver Chase Deadder, receiver LaQuinton Evans, receiver Marcus Harris, tight end Joey Haynos, tackle Jonathan Palmer and safety Christian Scott.

Also, the Titans officially placed wide receiver/return man Marc Mariani on Injured Reserve and safety Markelle Martin on Reserve/PUP. Martin can return to the active roster after the first six weeks of the season.

Coach Mike Munchak said delivering the news is never easy: “No one wants to hear that their dream is ending or possibly ending, or it is not going to work here. It is disappointing, and it is hard to tell someone, ‘You don’t have a job here.’ “

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar