No CB in rd 1!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm talking about the good things about Griffin. Size, speed, change of direction ball skills. Not super lock down type CB but you don't get those at #20 anyway. He has S size, CB speed and is a solid tackler. He isn't just a work out warrior.

2. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

you forgot to list the best CB, Dennard from Nebraska ;)

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He is more of a 2nd round prospect, runs in the 4.6 rang and might be a better fit at FS. He didn't look good at Senior Bowl practices playing off coverage which is a concern both at CB in the NFL or as a S. Although he is physical he won't get away with trying to be physical with WRs in the NFL with his speed.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Their is to much talent in the later rounds to draft a cornerback in the first round and with recent hits with Cortland, Verner, McCourty it doesn't make sense. I'm not sold on Dre Kirkpatrick in the first round when we have other needs.

In the later rounds we could pick up:
    Jayron Hosley
    Casey Hayward
    Jamell Fleming
    Keith Tandy

Their is a lot more but these are my favorties later especially Tandy and Hayward.

[ame]http://youtu.be/6jGwH3BkB08[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/vX1_zJvZot4[/ame]

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

and he might not even be a CB in the NFL.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree. I think between Mcourty and Verner, with Mouton coming back (I expect good things from him this year) we'll be ok at corner. If we are going D, it needs to be front four, or linebacker if a stud is there, or a safety if a stud is there.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we're depending on Mouton then yeah we need to draft a CB.

8. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Late April Fools? Cause that is a funny joke Mouton has sucked since day 1 and will forever suck he will be out of the NFL once Tennessee cuts him in training camp this year.

I'd be fine with Kirkpatrick or Jenkins if they check out but they don't strike me as the type of character players we seem to target judging from last years class.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Mouton has been hurt his whole career. Every thing I hear out of BSP (from journalists on the zone, from Kenny Britt) says he's been working his butt off and is going to surprise us. I'm not saying the guy is gonna be Revis or anything, But I think he'll be a solid nickel CB at worst.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I don't see him as a nickel cb. I am just not a big fan of Mouton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar