No Change in Young Contract Negotiations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though his agent remains committed to having his client in camp on Friday, Major Adams says there has been no breakthrough in contract talks for Vince Young. "We haven’t had any breakthroughs yet, but we’re still talking," Adams said. "I’m still confident we can get it done in time." Adams declined to say how much guaranteed money he was seeking for the third overall pick in the draft, but did say the contract for Young would "probably" wind up being a six-year deal. Adams is to meet with Reese again today. In addition to Young, the Titans still must complete deals with second-round running back LenDale White and fifth-round linebacker Terna Nande before Friday’s convening at Austin Peay State University.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. A six year deal would be great

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a completed deal would be great.

4. I guess......................

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think for one reason or another he will be late into camp. Hopefully, it won't be very long but I'm not real confident that it will get done on time... I wouldn't call it a holdout... but if it walks like a duck...

even if it takes a whole week it shouldn't be a big deal. I just want them to get it done and get it done right... it's too bad Vince doesn't have toes that are rotting off... that would give Reese more leverage. :ha:

just joking around, as usual.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They may strike a deal before camp but he could miss a few days because I think it'll have to be reviewed by the NFL who might not review it until Monday.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

just get it done...

8. maybe they can strike gold today and get it done, i hope that he gets in camp on time and he wants to also

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

A thing that Vince has to think about, the longer he stays out of camp the less likely he will be ready to start any game this year. If his contract stalls out, look for the Titans to bring a vet QB into camp.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

............the above statement is also true about LenDale. If Brown gets traded, LenDale needs to do whatever it takes to get into camp ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar