Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

No More Hockey in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6560713

News Channel 5, and many other outlets, are reporting that the Predators have been sold. Craig Leopold is saying that the team will be in Nashville for next year, but made no promise for the future. This sucks. I was just beginning to have a real love for hockey, but I guess it's gone now.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,655
    If they move out of Nashville then Leopold can kiss my butt.
  2. bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $0
    No suprise as the organization is going farther in debt as each year passes. What a shame.
  3. Sunshine Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    What a shame.
  4. DCtitan49 Guest

well im not much of a hockey fan, but i do follow the Capitals, and i didnt see nashville losing there team at all.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I won't be losing any more sig bets.

Rumor is they'll pay the buyout to move on up to Ontario for next season.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    bring back the Hartford Whalers.
  5. MissouriTitan1 Guest

I'm not a hockey fan but I will hate to see the Predators leave Nashville. This is what happens when a few people supports a franchise. I was under the impression that every game during the regular season was nearly empty. Up until the playoffs anyway. People have to realize you have to support a sports team through thick and thin, not just when their playing good. I'm just guessing he wasn't making any money period. It is sad though. On a different note, I hate basketball as well but does anybody know how the grizzlies are doing. Do they sell out every game or is the owner just barely squeaking by also?
  6. dg1979us Starter

Moolah:
    $2,121

I dont think it is the fan support that is the big problem, I think it is the corporate support. I think the average attendance was around 14,000.

Why would the owner sell the naming rights to the arena just last week, and then sell the team this week? That doesnt make much sense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.