No More Hockey in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6560713

News Channel 5, and many other outlets, are reporting that the Predators have been sold. Craig Leopold is saying that the team will be in Nashville for next year, but made no promise for the future. This sucks. I was just beginning to have a real love for hockey, but I guess it's gone now.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

If they move out of Nashville then Leopold can kiss my butt.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

No suprise as the organization is going farther in debt as each year passes. What a shame.

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What a shame.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

well im not much of a hockey fan, but i do follow the Capitals, and i didnt see nashville losing there team at all.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I won't be losing any more sig bets.

Rumor is they'll pay the buyout to move on up to Ontario for next season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

bring back the Hartford Whalers.

9. I'm not a hockey fan but I will hate to see the Predators leave Nashville. This is what happens when a few people supports a franchise. I was under the impression that every game during the regular season was nearly empty. Up until the playoffs anyway. People have to realize you have to support a sports team through thick and thin, not just when their playing good. I'm just guessing he wasn't making any money period. It is sad though. On a different note, I hate basketball as well but does anybody know how the grizzlies are doing. Do they sell out every game or is the owner just barely squeaking by also?

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think it is the fan support that is the big problem, I think it is the corporate support. I think the average attendance was around 14,000.

Why would the owner sell the naming rights to the arena just last week, and then sell the team this week? That doesnt make much sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar