No Punt Football

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd like to see an NFL team employ a strategy where they never punted if they were on 40 and 4th down was no more than 5 yards. Once at 50 never punt unless 4th was over 10 yards.

Also always go for 2.

Don't think the onside kick thing would work but it would be interesting if a team committed to 1 onside kick per game at a random time in the game. Would have more success early in the season, but then late in the season it may result in better field position (for the D) since teams would constantly be scared of the random onside kick.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

This is exactly how I play madden. Though I'm not sure how it would work. I'm all for always going for it if you're on the 50 or closer and its 4th and 3 or less.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I remember a couple year ago some guys on the radio speculating about something like this. Saying that a team that is terrible should give it a try as they have nothing really to lose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

All depends on the situation. I bet those High School teams lose when they are going for it on 4th and 15 cause they got a holding penalty or a Sack. And you would need to be awesome at getting onside kicks. No way a team would ONLY onside kick in NFL. Just TOOOOO hard to rely on getting the ball back.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I had a perfect onside kick record when I played.

6. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Sounds like the typical online game on madden. Pass. even though defense is bad enough in this years game, I still wouldn't give the opposing team any kind of chance...

I think it takes guts to just concede and punt the ball back, in online modes anyways....

This would be fun to watch, but I can't imagine the scores. Leave those kind of scores to basketball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar