No Sunday night game for Titans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

For what it's worth guys if it was up to Fisher we would play them all at LP Field at noon. That's our comfort zone. So look at it as if we dodged a bullet.

2. I think that the Titans will get a Thanksgiving game next year...

3. titansfan20

titansfan20 Air McNair

This is the best scenario for the Titans and the fans going to the game. This way, we are still playoff eligible when the game kicks off, which might not be the case if it was played that night.

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Maybe...but why'd they have to put the san fran and denver game at 4:15? That's gonna suck, if the other scenarios work out, but san fran sucks it up. Would sting pretty bad....

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think that is one of the biggest reasons. New Year's Eve games don't draw as much audience anyway. Remember when college had one of the biggest games that night? No one was home to watch it, so they stopped doing it.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's incredibly unlikely. Next season we play the NFC South and AFC West, so we won't automatically play the lions or the cowboys, both of whom automatically play on Thanksgiving. We're going to finish second or third in our division, depending on results this week, but that means no matter what we won't play the lions, who will finish last in their division. We might play the cowboys, but it's a really low probability that 1- we'll play them, 2- it will happen to fall on the week of thanksgiving. I don't know if they'll have an NFL network game again, but if they do, it's a crapshoot on how the decide it, so it's not a very good chance that it'll be us.

Frankly, I'm glad, I don't want to have three days between games one week.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Most of the players when asked said they love Thursday games, because it's almost like having a bye week. They get extra days off. Injuries are a big part of this game, and those extra 3 days can make a difference.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

LOL

" So Much Favre Love You’ll Blow Your Head Off

If the whole point of the flex scheduling was to allow NBC to show meaningful matchups late in the season, why on earth did they choose Green Bay-Chicago as the final prime time game of the season? What, Brett Favre again? By this point, most people seem to think he’s not retiring, so this actually isn’t his final game, and I can’t imagine that many people across the country care about watching Brett Favre play the Chicago backups (except for maybe us Adrian Peterson acolytes). There’s an excellent chance that Green Bay will be out of the playoff hunt before this game starts. I don’t understand why they would not pick Philadelphia-Atlanta, the one game that is virtually assured of having playoff implications unless something wacko happens and Detroit beats Dallas. Anyway, this is also an excuse to point out that our very own MDS is guest-blogger on Deadspin today. "

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/12/26/extra-points/4739/

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

The way I see it is, the NFL thought the Denver, and Jets wins are locks next week, which would eliminate all the other teams.

Green Bay has a far better chance of making the Playoffs than Atlanta does. Nobody would watch St. Louis against Minnesota. They don't think Carolina can beat NO. So all that, plus the Favre Factor led to their decision.

I think what really killed our shots was the Patriots beating the Jags. If the Pats would've lost, then theres a chance that if us beating them didn't get us in the playoffs, it would've lost them their division.

10. giddyupzil

giddyupzil Camp Fodder

Meh, I'll be at the game anyways so I would prefer it to stay at 1:00. I already have my schedule set for it and I don't want to have to change it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar