No Titans in Pro-Bowl

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

excellent post and I totall agree about Bulluck. playing 4-3 the LB are supposed to get a lot of tackles. Bulluck outplayed the MLB, but that ain't saying much is it.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I have to agree. I think that KVB is the only player we had that stood out enough to go to the pro bowl.

3. wg53

wg53 Starter

As long as our players aren't involved!

Remember Robert Edwards? He pretty much screwed himself over playing flag football on the beach....he had a real bad injury from that.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Stop with the "small market" sob story. KVB is a decent player, but the Titans had a crappy year.

It's not like they went 13-3 and got snubbed.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

All Burgess has is sacks, KVB was a great rusher and run stopper. No guarantee Burgess will end leader in sacks. Thats all I got to say.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

KB still might have a chance. I think I saw on NFL Net. that Cato June is gone for the rest of the year. Anyone else see this?

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I was argueing with someone on irc about this, and keith bulluck in particular. He said "How can fans be expected to know who Keith Bulluck is, and what he's doing when he's playing for TEN?"

It really would look that way, apart from the fact that he was leading OLBs by fans. It's the coaches and players who have snubbed him, and they are the ones who have to watch film on him.

8. titansfan20

titansfan20 Air McNair

I agree with SK on this one. The players themselves don't even care enough to go a lot of times, and no one takes the game seriously. They should just name the teams (after the season is over, not with 2 games left!!) and not even play the game.

There may already be a post about this, but did anyone see the story about Tarik Glenn. The league told him he made the Pro Bowl, and then called him 90 minutes later, saying there was a computer error, you really did not make the Pro Bowl. Had to be pretty embarrasing for Glenn to call all the friends and family back and explain that situation. Good job NFL???

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with Starkiller, who cares?
    It seems that to make the pro-bowl two things really help a player. One is to have a history of being a pro-bowl player. Second is to play on a good team and be viewed as one of the main reasons for the success of that team. If the Titans were one of the better defenses in the league, regardless of their overall record, KVB and KB could have easily been selected because they would get alot of credit for the success. Our defense isn't that good so they get snubbed. If we improve dramatically next year and these guys put up the same numbers I bet they go. I still don't understand the snub of Bulluck however. He has been playing great for quite a few years now, is known as one of the best OLBs in the game and has the stats to prove it. He should go before a guy who just happened to have a good year.

10. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Why would you even care about the Pro Bowl? It doesn't mean anything other than maybe personal achievement which really doesn't help teams win games. In fact, it could affect a team if someone out there gets seriously injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar