No vet QB according to Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher had a pretty good radio interview yesterday afternoon on The Zone. He pretty much tore into Brown's agent for being Bush League. He talked about finding focus up in Clarksvegas. He also talked about how Chow's offense will take a big leap it's second season.

But the info I found to be the most interesting is that he said that even if Volek goes down early, Vince is the man. He's committed to sticking him in by halftime of game 1 if Volek goes down and play him the rest of the season.

Based on history and his comments to the Niners last year on Smith, I was shocked he would step out like that. I wonder if the word wasn't sent from above that it would be handled this way and his hands are tied.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Of course I don't know...
    this just reeks of Bud Adams...

I'm fine with it. I'm one of those who thinks Vince is ahead of the game.
    I don't think Young will struggle. :whoop:

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm just glad we have confidence and a plan. I like straight talk.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Perhaps they are seeing something we are not. You know it has got to suck to be Volek right now, that unless you take the titans to the playoffs, your done mid way through the season. Heck, I bet it happens sooner than that. I hope Vince is ready.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we've got a shot at the playoffs, and Volek is doing acceptably well, he'll stay the starter. Only if things are falling apart does Young come in before the end of the season.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If any #1 goes down, the #2 steps in.
    I think that is all that is being said.
    I don't think that simple truth would bother Volek.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Alex Smith played at Utah, facing powerhouses Wyoming, Idaho, San Diego State, Air Force, etc... He had a big game in the Fiesta Bowl against a questionable Pitt defense...

Vince Young played against patsies such as Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Iowa State, USC, etc...

Now, who'll be the better pro QB? I don't care about delivery and learning the system, I believe about instincts and a good game plan.

First we sign Vince, then we sit Billy. Plain and simple... Philly didn't hesitate to bring McNabb in cuz he had mad skillz. First year was on-the-job training, and the rest is history...

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not really. This is the moment he's been waiting for.
    He thinks he can be a starter, this is his chance to prove it to the league and go somewhere else for a big payday, ala Drew Brees.

If he gets pulled because he's not doing well, then it does suck for him.

9. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

They are seeing how hard Vince has worked and how much talent and potential he has. Vince is the kind of guy, and has the kind of presence and "it" factor about him, that even when he's young and raw, after you watch him practicing, it is clear immediately that he is one of the best players on the field. His upside, smoothness and athleticism, confidence, and playmaking abilities just jump out at you.

When Texas practices were still open to the public early in Vince's career, I attended a couple to check out the team, and my friend and I walked away saying "Damn, that kid Vince looks GOOD!" We didn't walk away saying how impressive Chris Simms was (he was good, but Vince is just different, especially watching in person). It is hard to keep that kind of potential on the bench. As a coach, you just can't wait to harness it and unleash it on your opponents.

10. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

also Michigan, Ohio State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar