Nobody is scared of CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

lol, so did I until I came across that thread again

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was probably one of the biggest CJ "haters" last year. But I think he's been running well for the most part this season. Defenses may not be "scared" of him anymore but I think they still respect him.

That said, yesterday I did see a little bit of the 2012 CJ where he falls down as soon as someone breathes on him. But to be fair the Jets D was swarming all day long. I do think he's clearly lost some speed and ability to make people miss. But its not like he's slow by any means.

We probably do need to start looking for a legitimate replacement this offseason though. He's been a disappointment ever since he signed his "history deal". And IMO it's silly to ever expect him to regain his 08-09 form.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I no longer see the point in keeping CJ on the roster. He won't be cut this season, but he shouldn't be back in 2014. A late-round draft pick RB can get the same yards he's getting for a tiny fraction of CJ's salary.

The money going to CJ should be spent on extending Verner and Casey.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hopefully CJ starts playing much much better and makes us want to keep him. But based on these first 4 games that is exactly my feeling.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:cj: has had a solid season IMO

But I still would not send him too Hawaii. Definatly not worth the CAP

That aside he only had 1 'ugly' run. When he tried too reverse for like -5 yesterday. Bad :cj: BAD!

other than that run and a couple of stonehanded dumpoffs the little guy has been soild, but not CAP worthy

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

In fairness, the same thing could have been said last year after 4 games. He went on to have some big games later on.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The Don!

yeah hes not Skip Hicks - LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We find out CJ's real worth without Locker. You're a "playmaker." One of the best running backs in the league. Time to put the cape on and will your team to victory with a backup QB in the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ Skip Hicks!

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think there's anything he can realistically do that will make us want to keep him under his current contract. I don't see any way he's back in 2014 without restructuring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar