Norm Chow drinks the Vince Young Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Go Down, Moses, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After seeing Vince up close, Norm has now come to realize what I was saying on this site after Vince was drafted: he represents a paradigm shift for QB's. It's good to see that the great Norm Chow now understands what the not-so-great Go Down, Moses already knew.

:)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_TITANS_YOUNG?SITE=TNNAT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

2. that was an awesome call in overtime by Norm. almost as awesome by Greg Davis on 4th and goal from the 9 in the National Championship game.

call me a clutch OC, but only put me in impossible situations with VY as my QB.
  3. Nine

Nine Starter

Jeez. Norm Chow is such a friggin' homer.
  4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The call in overtime was pass. The D blitzed heavy and he ran, it wasn't a called running play.
  5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

well then it was a great pass protection scheme Chow called... :))
  6. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Chow had nothing to do with that.

...which is probably why it worked. :grrhee:

You may be surprised, but I turned in my Norm Chow Fan Club card quite some time back.
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

except for the complete collapse of the pocket seconds after the snap

no, quit trying to give Norm any credit for that

that was 100% Vince
  8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince always has a "green light" to take off.
  9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

I don't think so Moses. VY is a one off & no matter how hard scouts look we aren't going to see a conveyor belt full of VY clones any time soon.

Needles to say I still I'm very happy we have the only model in the line.:))
  10. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

What's amusing is how people constantly say "vick was gonna redefine the position too"

Vince is gonna finish what started w/ Randall Cunningham. Vick is just another cog in that wheel. A prototype if you will. If you think about it, this type of athletic QB has not been in the league for a relatively long time. So offensive coordinators have not had time to understand how to use them. I think Chow might have it figured out. Vince is the first "athletic" QB to have all the "tools". I've said this before. If Vince has 75% of the running ability of Vick and 75% of Elways passing ability, he'll revolutionize the position.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.