Norm Chow drinks the Vince Young Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Go Down, Moses, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i think Norm will be around just long enough to be a QB primer
    then he (and his wacko O will be back in Cali)

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Vince always makes OLs look better, including the ones we have. I like the improvement from them, but they would still be below average with KFC behind them, IMO. RBs have a much easier time with delayed backside pursuit to worry about, at any level of football.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I heard Vince reduces greenhouse gas emissions as well.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So different..

It wasn't until mcnair's 7th season in 2001 before he started seeing some of the things we are doing with young as a rookie. 4 Wr sets, empty backfield. The 2001 transformation was out of desperation. This by design.

Just like the bulls with micheal jordan the main objective is to spread out and get the hell out of his way. The best block on that 39 yard run wasn't even necessary and they never did tackle vince. They send 2 linebackers on the blitz and he just runs inside of them, they had a DT spying him and he runs away from the guy like he wasn't there.

And don't think that vince's threat as a runner isn't helping our running game. Teams are so focused on keeping him contained it has opened running lanes inside for henry.

Our runningbacks have averaged almost double the yards rushing per game since vince became starter than what they did the first three games. Our RBs combined for just 59 yards per game in the first three but for the whole season have averaged 110.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

First - Bobby Douglas, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Cunningham, ect, ect. There is a long line of athletic QBs in the NFL. Always seems to be 1 or 2 exceptional ones active.

Second - Spying Young with a DT did not work early for the cows, and it did not work when it mattered. Keeping a SS at home might work, but would expose the D and the SS might be at a disadvantage in taking on Young, so why not use the DT? Althought a DT could probably take down Young a DT probably could not catch Young to begin with. I think the contained/disiplined rush is as effective as it gets, but it allows Young more pocked time.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Shaggy...there can be only one
    [​IMG]

7. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

Vince10 said
    Can't rely on that. This team needs to make sure there's a good OL in front of VY at all times.

GoT said
    Bobby Douglas, Fran Tarkenton, and Steve Young cannot be put in the same category as Cunningham, Vick, McNabb, or VY... Partly because of the already preconcieved opinions about the athletic black QB, and partly because while the were athletic, they were no where near the running threat of the latter.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Were yards shorter in the 70s and 80s or am I missing something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar