Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That was a concern. Thats why he lasted as long as he did in the first round. A true CB with his measurables would have gone much sooner. The bottom line he was drafted on potential as much as anything and he hasn't made the transition.

"Andre Woolfolk is a raw corner who needs a lot of technique work, but he has a ton of tools to work with. Combines excellent size with superb athleticism. Quick and agile. Somewhat inconsistent in coverage, but flashes great ability. Needs to add strength and become more aggressive in run defense." http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/drpros03.htm

"Andre Woolfolk CB, Oklahoma, Woolfolk is very raw, but he has tremendous potential. May be worth the risk for a team with two first-round picks."
    http://football.about.com/library/weekly/bl_mockdraftb.htm

The Steelers were seriously considering Woolfolk in the first round at #27 before they traded up to get Polamalu. Good move for them.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If the Titans had not taken him he would have been gone in a few picks. The point is he is and was "raw" and has never developed. Injuries have something to do with it but apparently he was a risk as any "raw" player is. NFL scouts drool over the physical attributes and every commentary on Woolfolk was postive in that direction. However, alot of "raw" players never get past being another athletic player that never develops as a quality football player.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No argument from me there. But I still think it was a solid pick when it was made.

I'm not a fan of taking "raw" over football players but Reese has done well at times going in that direction. Reynaldo Hill may be the latest example of that.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That's not saying much....:ha:

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:applause: Exactly.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/1675.html

45 tackles, 3 picks, 7 passes defended.....in two years???

He was drafted because of the measurables and the potential, not the production.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The 7th round is a pretty safe place to draft a guy like that.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Exactly ^^

Reynaldo I don't think ever had Woolfolks measureables, but I think he did have that "raw but with potential" mark on him, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar