Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't really mean to be annoying, but WU's post has me doubting myself. The word is "parity," right? I don't know if I've been wrong about it, but I thought that's what it was.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The coaching staff are also the ones who delegated Woolfolk to the NB position giving his CB spot to a rookie 7th rounder. The bottom line is the coaching staff could and might think Andre is as good or even slightly better than Hill but rightly so they have to go with the guy who can be there week in and week out. It is unfortunate that Andre has been injured but he has and his performance when healthy has not been enormously better than Hill if as good. The same coaching staff that "believes in him" IMO is anticipating Andre not being a part of the Titans after this year and have resigned to the fact he wasn't the permanent answer.

3. :))

4. Whom do you know on the coaching staff, to back your claim. What Newspaper article backs you up.... Any URLs to click on to back up your - Sound like you know what your talking about but really full of YOUR opinion statement. If you can quiet me by posting some proof to what you just said then do so. If not, join the "Benny Hill" Avatar man in Mike and Mikes favorite morning show theme. Fact is that every year over the past three that I have followed Fisher's (CB IMO as well) approach to his defensive backfield is that every position back there is an earned in camp and throughout the season, so I maintain, based on history (Actual events that happened) that Andre will come into camp more fine tuned than ever and in better condition than ever. This is his first offseason that he can actually train physically and technically. Due to serious surgery pins and screws inserted surgeries, he could not do that until this offseason. He has excelled ever since his Freshman year in college whenever he could do the offseason workouts on technical and physical aspects... Exactly why he was OUs Ironman, elected by his teammates for two straight off seasons. Exactly why the OU coaches chose him to play both ways. He didn't volunteer, they chose him to do that and he did it succesfully with a lot of hard work, grit and determination. He won't show up at this camp laying down leaving things how they were (last season is gone - to him it is were). He will show up and fight for the job and it will be noticeable and intense. He may or may not win the spot back from Hill, but if he doesn't you and all of the other blind supporters in your critical corner :baghead: supporters will know the difference and finally give him some respect:))

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The fact he was "replaced" as the starting CB speaks volumes. He will win my respect when he wins the starting CB spot, plays well and stays healthy. Considering he has done none of those three things yet I see no reason to give a flip about what he did at OU.

6. First of all maybe I have bolstered the "If it even makes a hill of beans difference how much respect you have for him or any other player" thing ... It doesn't. You did not address the credibility of your previous claim. Here Let me help you.... your words: The same coaching staff that "believes in him" IMO is anticipating Andre not being a part of the Titans after this year and have resigned to the fact he wasn't the permanent answer.[/B]

Now here are my exact words: Whom do you know on the coaching staff, to back your claim. What Newspaper article backs you up.... Any URLs to click on to back up your - Sound like you know what your talking about but really full of YOUR opinion statement. If you can quiet me by posting some proof to what you just said then do so. If not, join the "Benny Hill" Avatar man in Mike and Mikes favorite morning show theme.

Can you answer this Soxcat, or has the CAT part of your name got your tongue.

Now addressing the misdirection mess you just posted. My point behind my post without all the background is Andre has never had a chance to work during the offseason on conditioning nor on technique. At OU, he did and he excelled. One thing about him and every athlete in my family is we were not born packed full of muscle, stamina, size, but we all share a natural speed thing and a natural unstoppable heart thing(I still compete in very competitive military and city leagues -(football, basketball and softball). None of us will lay down and waddle in any failures and we all give 110% all the time. Wherever Andre is lacking, the reason the coaches and his teammates have not quit believing is that unstoppable, unbreakable will to keep going 110% all the time. I guarantee you that is his approach this offseason and your statement above was unnecessary, because I said when he shows up at camp giving the challenge of a lifetime to Hill for the spot, meaning more than noticeable production, then he will have earned your respect (which still doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but humor you, sure, no problem):)) . So your last post was every bit of worthless.:sad2:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Whoah, calm down buddy. The reason I asked is because I was unsure. You could have simply said that yes, it's parity. Wasn't trying to offend, was trying to get an answer.

8. Ok, I apologize.... Sorry about that fella. In this environment, I do seem to always be on the defensive, but for obvious reasons.... See everyone, I can admit when I am wrong.... When it is proven, not opinionated.... Soxcat.... Provide the Facts, no more opinions. Post some solid not symbolic URLs, some direct quotes saying exactly what you claimed. Insider source stuff.

Once again GoTitans3801, my most humble public apology.... as a matter of fact, I just deleted the post.....WU:winker:

9. Ok, the mouth has opened. Make a Play you say, like he never makes any. Should I go through it again, huh.... vs. Marvin Harrison and Torrie Holt he sucked and so did the whole league of CBs. Even Pittsburgh's corners sucked vs Harrison. Harrison, Holt, Fitzgerald.... All pro bowlers this year. Ahhhh, Fitzgerald. The QB and WR coaches for Arizona, must have been foaming at the mouth when they instructed the QB (McKown or something like that) to go after Andre... Oh but he shut that pro bowler down and anyone else he held in the first 2 1/2 qtrs. Here is a picture from the game. Just one of the plays he was making until he -Andre - got hurt (oh pick on that, but I am addressing your request: Make a play!! as if he made 0 or so few they couldn't be addressed.).. Well these were consecutive attempts to dismantle him and he dismantled Fitz and some others until he pulled a muscle. Bad fortune with things finally going good... Ok, here is the pick and I will post picks proving plays were made until you get good and angry. One at a time. If anyone else gets angry, too bad: except TJ...

Andre and Fitz.jpg

Hey Brian, this is making a Play... more pics to come

I guess he was late on this one too. I guess he was a couple steps too slow right...Wrong One step earlier, maybe an Interception. One step later and Fitz would have caught it and probably broke for a TD. Just in time and there were more plays by him and other Titans defensive players as well, just not enough by all of them combined. The team was beaten 12 times, not just becaue of one or two players either. The TEAMs overall production was not up to par... Period.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

And not one word from any of the 53 players, the pratice squad, coaching staff or front office about anyone donating a check to charity because the team was unprepared/unwilling to compete for a second season in a row.

I for one am VERY concerned that losing will become acceptable cause these youg guys keep getting paid even when they just go at it in a halfarsed manner.

Not about Woolfolk in particular but his injury history is what bothers me most about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar