Not affraid to admit when I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trust me on this. It bothers and frustrates him more than anyone. I talked to him while he was in the doctors office the next day and he was very upset. He is also glad it did not end his season though. The timing was terrible though, because he was having a good game and the outcome of that game unfolded in the 4th qtr after he departed. He very well could have been the cog in the wheel that game that brought it home. Instead Fitz exploded on Waddell for 71 yards in one qtr and 2 TDs. Andre was injured and Hill was elevated to the starting position.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am bothered more that we are always injured. Always losing key players..or players when we don't have any key players...to injury.
    Something has to change - i dont care if it is the footwear, the routine they run, or getting a new Strength and Conditioning Coach, we have had far too many injuries over too many consecutive years for it not to be a coincidence.

It is the will of Reynaldology. :brow:

3. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Sometimes this injury stuff is just a bad luck streak with no other reason...

4. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

There is no defense against the perfect pass. (Other than guessing where the ball may go) I dont know if Reynaldogy is good at foreseeing the future!??

May be???

:D

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The good book has all the answers.

[​IMG]

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Let me begin by pointing out that the coaching staffs rarely if ever will say a guy sucks, is a bust or things of that nature in the media while the player is still employed by the team and even after the player is cut or leaves in FA will they say much. So if that is what you are looking for you will not find it. How the coaching staff does express their impressions of a player is by showing the confidence they have in that player by letting them play.
    It is a fact that Woolfolk has not fulfilled the three main things he needs to do to be considered a bonifide NFL CB. He has not won and kept a starting spot, has not stayed healthy and played well and cannot be depended on. He was replaced by a rookie 7th rounder with no NFL experience and actually only a little major college experience.
    Again, as for the "man of the year at OU", "winner of the swim suit contest", "gifted athlete at the combine" and all that other stuff is meaningless at this point including where he was drafted. If what you say is true, that Andre will astound us this year in camp because he is going to be 100% healthy this off-season and will be able to work hard at improving his game, GREAT! I hope as much as anybody he shows up as a beast of a player and demonstrates he is the best CB on this team. Talk is cheap.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

(1) Veterans generally don't lose their starting jobs because of injury. When they do, it's not a vote of confidence. (2) Teams don't change their defensive philosophy from 65% nickel to 50% because they have a stud nickel corner. They do it because they don't. (3) Respected veteran position players are not usually found covering kicks, but when they're beaten out by rookies that's where they end up. It speaks volumes.

8. Your first sentence is true about seasoned veterans. None of us including Andre would say he is a seasoned veteran. The super boawl winning champion quarterback Big Ben would say would you said is a flat out lie. No better proof than that. Maddox was a proven starter and so was Drew Bledsoe when Brady became the man. Therefore your post is already shot full of proven holes. Nuff said, don't even try to come back on this one buddy. Sox, read the next post. Brian's points are all smashed and done.

9. Your last sentence is the main point I was making. Quit writing him off. If he shows up and doesn't produce then say what you will, but you still didn't answer anything... As a matter of fact you started spatting and babbling and changing words for the benefit of your post, thus invalidating your post as nothing but what I have said you do. Post opinions. Andre was not Man of the Year at OU.... Pay attention, past your obvious lack of understanding. He was Ironman of the Year for two consecutive off seasons at OU as voted by his teammates, to include players from all positions... DBs/QBs/RBs/OLs/DLs/WRs, etc. This was earned not given on some platter. Now the only reason this point is important, like I said previously.... Did you read or pay attention ... If not...HEY SOXCAT PAY ATTENTION: He is working out this offseason on everything, physical conditioning to technique. With that info, all you can do, all I can do, all any Titans fans can do is wait to see what happens. I don't care and he doesn't care and I am quite sure the Titans coaching staff and players don't care if you don't expect him to succeed, because what you care about, carries zero clout in the scheme of things. What I care about carries Zero clout so quit trying to sound like what you're saying makes a difference or matters. My post have all been geared on "Based on his past history of successes with offseason workouts (again no one cares if you believe in them or not), I believe he is coming to camp on fire and if you were telling the truth that you hope he produces - It will make the team better type of talk, when he does, then you and your good friends that don't believe now, should swallow your pride, come on this board and admit what's happening.
    Deltha O'Neal was replaced by an undrafted corner named Kelly Herndon in Denver, and actually cut. He was picked up by Cincinnatti and has made two straight Pro Bowls.... Deltha Oneal was a 15th overall pick and cut for an undrafted free agent.,... amazing. Hows that for your crystal ball, shatters it . right. You don't have all the answers as a matter of fact you still did not answer what I said with a single fact. People believe MORE in facts supported by things like URLs. So here is the bibliography to my incredibly long winded post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltha_O'Neal

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=27423

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_289522.html

By the way, Kelly Herndon was traded to the Seahawks after the Broncos most recent draft.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Since you incomprehensibly addressed only one of them, that's hardly the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar