Not much love from Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"To be honest, nobody knows who they are,'' Monday Night Football's Tony Kornheiser said. "I mean, it is my job to know who they are and I don't know who they are.

"Let's be fair, and you can say it's a small city, but when Buffalo had good teams that was a small city and Green Bay is a small city, so I don't know that it is just a small-city thing.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081027/SPORTS01/810270355/1027

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He has said this exact same thing in previous years about other teams. He seems to love pointing out that he is awful at doing his job.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I really hope this is Kornheiser's last year with MNF. He is just a big detraction from the program, he adds nothing to it - most of his comments are about fantasy football, expressions of confusion and cheesy jokes in response to the observations of Tirico and Jaws. Jaws is certainly an improvement at his side over Theismann, and I am actually quite fond of him and Tirico - just get a new colour analyst or whatever you call it in there.

It's been clear for a long time that Kornheiser knows nothing about football. He's said so much himself - and in the context of PTI, where he can speak from the mind of a general dumb opinion, that's fine, especially when the whole point is for him to argue (discuss?) with Wilbon. But when you're commentating for the supposed big weekly event for a league, you have to have your stuff together. I seem to recall Kornheiser once claimed that nobody knew Tiki Barber. Tragically, he just seems fond of replacing the word 'I' with 'everybody' or 'nobody'.
    I don't watch enough stuff to think of anyone better... I think I might like to see Terry Bradshaw in that spot, though two commentating QBs may not quite work. Really ambitiously speaking, I would love to see Warren Sapp in there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for anyone who has watched PTI, Kornheiser loves stars. we don't have any, so he assumes no one knows who we are.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Tony K is a azzhole. I agree the trio would be good with ANYONE else in his spot.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hey, I'm glad to hear it. Our team loves it when nobody knows who we are.

It's going to be hard to hide after tonight.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Kornholio is a doofus. With players like Big Al, KVB, KB53 on defense....and to say he doesn't know anyone on the team...it just shows he is there to make the other two guys look even more intelligent about the game than they already are.

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I think Korn plays the role of being the idiot, or maybe he really is that dumb. The guy does a great job of showing he is horrible at his job. I never understood why he is on MNF?

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

If any of you guys actually believe kornheiser doesn't know anyone on the team then you clearly have never understood kornheiser. He's very sports knowledgable but his role on MNF is to bring in the average fan. He asks the questions that average fans would be asking. If you guys actually believe the average nfl fan knows haynesworth, finnegan, and vanden bosch then you are sadly mistaken. We are in one of the smaller markets and our only "superstar" is now our back up qb, the media does not really care about us. Luckily media appeal and star power mean absolutely nothing when it comes to playing football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Kornheiser is a corn-hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar