Not to be "That Guy"...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Our offense left A TON to be desired. Jake was missing open guys (Kendall Wright open on a third down comes to mind in the second quarter). His passes were routinely inaccurate leading to minimal YAC (Delanie Walker had to jump and extend over his head to make a catch in the backfield while wide open). We couldn't establish the run either. If CJ was in, we were going to the outside. If Greene or Battle (who did look ****ing awesome) was in, we were going between the tackles. My point here is that we were too damn predictable. We need to make it harder for defenses to defend. We're damn sure not going to squeak past Houston next week with this kind of garbage. And remember those 3&8 and 3&9 that Pitt kept converting early? Those drives end in TDs when you have Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, and Owen Daniels running around out there.

Today was a great effort, especially on the road. But if I'm looking at this objectively, our front 7 on defense is the ONLY reason we won this game. Zach Brown and Jurrel Casey looked outstanding, and we shut down their running attack. However, they were without their 2 best RB (one was injured and for whatever reason they cut the other) and they had no TE either. And we won by 7. We had better come up with some answers in the secondary and on offense, or reality will arrive quickly and ferociously when were up against the likes of Houston, San Francisco, and Seattle all in coming weeks.

Just my .02. Go TITANS!!!!!

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What do you mean we could not establish the run? That exactly how we won.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wannabe Deuce Wayne... psshh.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If you're talking about me then you've got to be kidding. You're a troll. I'm a fan.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Uhhhh.....defense is how we won, dude. 1 score in 4 quarters. And against a team, like I said, minus their 2 best RB and their best TE. And their starting center for that matter.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Locker didn't play that bad, there were about 4 passes that I noticed that were bad throws (mostly the ones the OP mentioned). I wanted to see more out of the offense as well but considering we faced one of the top defenses and didn't turn over the ball or get dominated every drive is something to build on. I know that last sentence sounds like a loser mentality but let's be honest we've all seen the Titans offense play so much worse. Our defense played great, including the secondary.

When you really breakdown this game it's not the most impressive win but the players are pumped, fans are pumped, and we needed this win to start the season. Playing with some momentum and more attitude against Houston could be the difference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Originally I felt the same way.

However last year Pitt was the #1 defense and that was without Polamalu for over half the season. I know things change from year to year, but we didnt play some scrubs, we played a consistently good D. The offense could have been better, but lets play a few more games before thinking too much is wrong.

J> had some bad throws, but had some good ones. I think thats going to be his story for some time to come, however as long as he performs as he should, we can still win games, but lets give up on him ever being a top passing QB, for now. He has a ways to go, the real question is can he be good enough. They were not scared of the pass game so they focused on the run game. Locker didnt play great, but he did enough to convert some key 3rd downs as well.

First opening day loss in 11 years.

Beating a "top" defense isnt always pretty, even though Locker clearly had some faults. Not ready to panic yet. We play the Texans next week, another good defense. After that, Locker would have played against 2 top 10 defenses from last year.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We had a handful of silly mistakes that killed drives as well. Wasn't just locker.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

True, like some really dumb penalties.

10. Bryan Randal

Bryan Randal Camp Fodder

Be that guy. I completely agree. Great win, especially on the road in Pittsburgh. These are not your college buddies Steelers anymore. Big Ben converted many third downs in the first half. The Steelers were going in to score inside the five before fumbling and giving us a gift. Jake Locker struggled most of the game to convert first downs and didn't go over 100 yards passing until the fourth quarter.

Chris Johnson had a decent game with some decent runs but nothing spectacular that won the game. Two of the leagues best players went down earlier in the game for Pittsburgh like last years game. Very surprised and very happy to get a BIG win in week one, but have a long way to go. I'll be that guy to say that to date, Jake Locker is not the future and Ryan Fitzpatrick would've probably put the ball in the end zone at least two times where Locker couldn't.

Jurrell Casey and Zachary Brown are really proving to be two great draft picks, and better get the offense going to score touchdowns rather than field goals if the Titans are going to compete this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar