Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Delusional, no. Optimistic, absolutely. This isn't the same ol same ol. This is a new regime. We don't know what's up next for the Titans. David Thornton did some good things for us. Chris Hope was another good signing back then.

2. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

and kevin mawae came in that same free agent class with thornton buddy. i think we all know what he did for us. yea so we all know for the most part that big FA's just isn't really the titans game. but the 2006 FA class did some good things. Personally I'm glad we don't bring in big time free agents that are just money hungry, I just wish the people that mattered could evaluate talent better and build through the draft.

go titans.

3. appstater53

appstater53 Camp Fodder

kvb came in the year before that.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You can link all kinds of scrub coaches to notable QBs. Did you know Mangini once coached Brett Farve? Does that make Mangini a legend??

5. World Peace

No playoff wins.

6. World Peace

Childress didn't lose the NFC championship game in 2009. He brought a perfect game plan into that game. Childress has won playoff games in this decade by more than 3 points. Of course I'll give Chili credit.... But no, you guys wanna settle for UFL reject coaches and an unproven O line coach.

7. World Peace

I'll give you optimistic... but thats the same kind of optimism I have when I spend $2 on a powerball ticket.

8. bmoretitansfan2

bmoretitansfan2 Practice Squad

Dave Ragone...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo God we need to find a qb quick b4 he tries to put the pads back on

9. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

How is not winning in the playoffs a negative reflection on signing a center, outside linebacker, and/or strong safety?

There's only one position that a "difference maker" has that kind of sway.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Not for long......I would have coached the chit out of this team.

Amano - backup
    Nickey - not re signed
    Washington - cut
    Hope-respectfully let go

Alan Lowry - fired
    Marcus Robertson - fired

VY gets another shot at redemption

Eddie George -assistant RB coach
    Frank Wycheck - assistant TE coach

Keith Bulluck - signed as a backup and encouraged to pursue a coaching career here

Kevin Mawae - Backup/fair at winning C job back if he encourage to take assistant coaching role looking after Centers.

I would hold an annual 'Papale' style award 'man on the street' try out prior to camp.

Former player encouraged to keep closer ties with the team and asked to participate open days for the fans.

Implore Bud to revamp the entertainment, happy fans spend more coin.

From the ground up I would want to restore pride and build fire in the fanbase. Bring back the noise and go out and win something.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar