Not very impressed with this scrub coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right now, CJ is the best player on that field when the offense comes on.

The offense is built around getting the ball to their best player. I have no problem, at all, with this team's offensive scheme. Until they get better play from Locker and Britt, no way do the Titans go to a pass-heavy style of offense unless they fall behind in games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The problem I have with this offense is that there will be times where we have to come from behind and our offense is not designed to do that, where I think any good football team should be designed to come back.

3. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

For CJ to be effective, the opponents defense can't be stacked 8 in the box. Right now the Titans are running on 1st and 2nd down regardless and defenses are playing it that way. Our offensive output is woeful, so it's up to the coaches to develop schemes that can provide better production. All I hear about Loggains is how innovative he is, how he studied under Sean Payton and Heimerdinger. Didn't see it last year, not seeing it this year. Right now we are next to last in offense. Who is accountable for that?

4. TitanJeff

Based on what? The only game they were down was yesterday and they passed the football effectively on a 99-yard drive. Apparently, once they had the lead, they went back to conservative and still would have won had Locker hit the slant.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

what I mean is we are to focused on the run, and I think we need to go back to the pass. Locker did have a 99 yard drive, where the heck was that the rest of the game!

6. TitanJeff

CJ also had 94 yards rushing. The Texans adjusted and slowed the run in the third. The Titans were unwilling to risk much passing from deep in their own end until crunch time in the fourth.

I think the key is balance so teams are not comfortable selling out to stop either the pass or run.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We responded right away when Houston scored. When we needed to score the past 2 weeks we've moved the ball. A lot of our stalled drives Sunday had to do with field position and playcalling.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with ya, the field position and play calling have sucked. I just think we focus too much on the run and teams know that as well. I am hoping our passing game will open up at some point.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think they've been hesitant because of Locker. They don't want him turning the ball over putting us in the hole.

Honestly I think we just have to be patient with Locker. QB's take time to develop and we have him for the rest of this year. The more he protects the ball the more they'll trust him and if we DO somehow develop a good passing attack we'll be competing with whoever we play.

Offense should only continue to improve.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Kendall Wright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar