Notes from the Colts game to take to Oakland

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just got the chance to re-watch the Titans Colts game today, and I jotted some things down that were interesting.

First thing was; Fitzpatrick didn't have a throw passed 10-yards til the final minutes of the 4th quarter. The following is a list of the distance his passes went.
    1) 3-yard
    2) 4-yards
    3) 6-yards
    4) 6-yards
    5) -(1)-yards
    6) 10-yards
    7) 5-yards
    8) 6-yards
    9) 4-yards
    10) (-1)-yards
    11) (-3)-yards
    12) 4-yards
    13) 4-yards
    14) 5-yards
    15) 7-yards
    16) (-4)-yards
    17) 6-yards
    18) 9-yards
    19) 3-yards
    20) 4-yards
    21) 19-yards
    22) 18-yards

Those are the numbers before YAC. And after seeing those numbers you realize our receivers racked up over 100-yards after the catch. Thats pretty impressive for this offense.

Next thing I noticed is we didn't run a single play action pass all day. Instead we ran 5 screens that netted a whopping -4-yards. Maybe we should stop throwing screens?

Next note was 5 drops by our receivers. Not all were drive killers, but when you're regularly dropping passes, nothing good will happen. That has to get cleaned up by this Sunday.

The last thing I took down while watching the game again was we also ran no pistol plays, just a lot of basic single back stuff, and after the first half our running plays were useless. Maybe try some more pistol? The Texans had a ton of success out of pistol vs the Raiders last week. I seriously think we need to incorporate more pistol to supplement the run game.

If we address all these things for the Raiders game, I really feel we walk out of there with a good win.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I have been begging for a PA pass for the last few weeks, I am sure you have seen one of my posts where I point this out! I was pissed we didn't run one then too vs the colts!

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

If Fitzpatrick can get a handle on the turnovers he can be a pretty good QB.The way he was throwing passes in that Colts game our offense actually looked good.Also this will also open up the running game creating opportunities for C.J. and Greene.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Also we better not come out on offense and start running the ball into a wall of defenders over and over.If it is isn't working don't waste two quarters running the same madness hoping for different results.Oakland is in the top five against the run all the more reason to pass the ball around more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I doubt Fitz does much to help the run game. As you saw above, his throws dont scare anyone, the defense will be playing close to the LOS.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

After a good start, the Colts brought up their corners and the Titans couldn't take advantage of one-on-ones on deeper routes (outside receivers).

Need to hit some deeper routes to keep the under stuff open.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

but but loggains says we run lots of play action all the time.....just play action could mean different things than a fake hand off......

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If Loggains considers calling a run = play action

9. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

Here is something from the colts game , to take to the oak game ...

DONT LOSE THIS GAME LIKE THE LAST ONE

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

if we do lose tomorrow I want heads to roll!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar